UKC

Beth Pascall Western States

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 geordiepie 27 Jun 2021

Massive congratulations to Beth Pascall who was first female and 7th overall in Western States.

https://www.ultralive.net/ws100#tracking/overview

10 min miles for 100 miles is almost incomprehensible!

greg_may_ 27 Jun 2021
In reply to geordiepie:

Great work! Highly runnable course I believe, not much power hiking compared to some of the other 100mile courses in the USA. 

plyometrics 27 Jun 2021
In reply to geordiepie:

Brilliant effort. 

Pretty mind blowing from Walmsley too. 

George Ormerod 27 Jun 2021
In reply to geordiepie:

Commanding performance, leading from mile 15 to get the second fastest women’s time. Somehow she’s managed to fit the impressive ultra running in with a medical career too. 

plyometrics 27 Jun 2021
In reply to George Ormerod:

Agree. But can’t help but think there’s a correlation! Discipline, intelligence, knowledge etc  

Sabrina Verjee is another one. Doing what she does as a vet is amazing. 

Damn these incredible females! 

George Ormerod 28 Jun 2021
In reply to plyometrics:

Back to Western States, the whole women's field was incredible - 3 in the top 10 and 9 in the top 20.  Camille Herron obviously had a terrible race, coming in 90th, but how many elites would have ground out a 100 mile race when it was obviously a lost cause?

Roadrunner6 28 Jun 2021
In reply to George Ormerod:

> Back to Western States, the whole women's field was incredible - 3 in the top 10 and 9 in the top 20.  Camille Herron obviously had a terrible race, coming in 90th, but how many elites would have ground out a 100 mile race when it was obviously a lost cause?

Hasn't she DNF'd twice there in the past? I thought she's never ran well there. Max King DNF'd this year and he's a beast. 

How come Beth was there? As a pro can she go over?

Brutally hot year, it's runnable but still a lot of climbing really. I'm pleased for Kaci L, she's had a tough year and ground out top 10.

Nic Barber 28 Jun 2021
In reply to Roadrunner6:

Beth has taken a sabbatical, so I assume that she has been over there for a while to get through any Covid requirements

Roadrunner6 28 Jun 2021
In reply to Nic Barber:

Ah I saw Lucy B had to withdraw due to covid issues but she’s in Aus or NZ I thought.

the heat must have been brutal. It’s been 85-90 here most days and I can’t take enough water on board. Last week I ran 80 miles and biked 100 as I was off work all week and all I did was drink water. 

yorkshireman 29 Jun 2021
In reply to Nic Barber:

> Beth has taken a sabbatical, so I assume that she has been over there for a while to get through any Covid requirements

She's been there at least 10 weeks since running the Canyons 100k according to the IRunFar race report.

Amazing performance considering the extreme heat as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...