UKC

Blister prevention advice?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jennym32 05 May 2013
Hi all wondered if I could ask for advice about blister prevention.

I'm trying to build up fitness for alpine climbing this summer so have been doing some running around the streets of London.

My trainers that I dug out of a closet have been giving me awful blisters along the inside of my sole (where the insole of the shoe meets the side). I've tried wearing thick socks, two pairs and taping the area up with climbing tape but it hasn't worked.

I realise the answer is probably buy a new pair of trainers but I'm in the middle of my revision period for exams and don't feel like I can take the time off at the minute.

Anyone got any suggestions for how to stop/ minimise the blisters until I have time to go buy some new ones?

Cheers
 phja 05 May 2013
In reply to jennym32:

i use talcun powder and lining socks with a normal trainer sock over the top. talcun powder stops rubbing and keeps my feet dry.
 ashley1_scott 05 May 2013
In reply to jennym32:
I have used this ( http://www.firstaid4sport.co.uk/4sport-Elastic-Adhesive-Bandage-%28EAB%29-P... ) Before doing long training runs of 30 miles plus. I would advise getting a copy of the book: Fixing Your Feet.
It was written by an ultra-marathon runner/foot doctor.
Hope that helps
 Banned User 77 05 May 2013
In reply to phja: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/articles/page.php?id=5286

there was a recent article on this..

i use vaseline..
 wbo 06 May 2013
In reply to jennym32: Thin, snug or tight socks for me. Thick ones = disaster for my feet.

I use Nike ones that come in packs of 2 - what are you using Ian?
 Banned User 77 06 May 2013
In reply to wbo: Just anything really.. pete bland ones.. inov8.. have some nike ones.. they don't last too long so just pick up whatever.
 ColinVern 06 May 2013
In reply to jennym32: a good short term fix I use is to cover blister prone areas with readily available finger tape. Works well until you find that perfect shoe/sock combo!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...