UKC

Blisters without blisters?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ok I'm not after a diagnosis here but I'm wondering if you runners might have heard of this.

I started running a few months ago, having not done any regular, daily exercise for about 5 years. A few weeks ago i went on a three hour run with some friends - run/walking though, not solid running. I was in some brand new running shoes which were fine other than a slight bump in them which pushed into my tendon above my heel.

I got some mild blisters on both feet, but nothing remotely bad. The one on my right foot went away, except the pain remained like a blister but with no visible marks on the surface, other than some slight reddening. I thought this might be tendon damage initially but I can walk and run fine in socks and bare feet. Its exclusively in any kind of shoes or just pressure on this area that it hurts, and its the skin that hurts, not any bone or muscles in that area.

Any idea what it is and how to deal with it? Its like a blister but under my skin.
Thanks in advance.
Ste Brom 12 Jul 2017
In reply to Stuck On a Wall:

I'm going for asymptomatic athletes foot, or more specifically moccasin foot.
Rub some cream on it for a week or two. See what happens.
 shuffle 14 Jul 2017
In reply to Stuck On a Wall:

Is it in a place where you have hard skin? It is possible to get a blister under the hardened skin, which is why it is a good idea to keep the skin on your feet fairly soft rather than thinking that the hard skin will protect the feet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...