UKC

/ Brecon to Cardiff Ultra

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Wainers44 - on 10 Feb 2018

Very best of luck to anyone else doing this tomorrow.

Weather looks nice and cool, which for me is a good thing. Now, if I can only keep eating all will be fine.....????

JoshOvki on 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

I did part of the run Merthyr to Ponty today. The path was pretty wet to be prepared for that. I also got caught in some wire around Quakers Yard (You go down some steps, through a tunnel and to the right, in front of you there is a bench. I have tucked the wire behind the bench as it was attached to the wall, but something to look out for). 

Best of luck on it! I almost entered myself but my knee isn't doing great.

Wainers44 - on 10 Feb 2018
In reply to JoshOvki:

That really is local knowledge!!! Thanks for that ????

Wainers44 - on 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

Job done. Time around 8hr 25m for the 44 miles which isnt too bad for a 52 yr old plodder like me! Lots of snow and hail. 

Welsh Kate - on 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

Well done! It was lovely in the sunshine, both those snow showers weren't fun!

JoshOvki on 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

Epic! It looked like you had all of the weather today.

mbh - on 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

> Job done. Time around 8hr 25m for the 44 miles which isnt too bad for a 52 yr old plodder like me! Lots of snow and hail. 

8hr 25m? That's not plodding. It's bloody impressive. At the same age I took two hours longer to do the 44 miles of the CQ. That's plodding!

Run_Ross_Run - on 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

> Job done. Time around 8hr 25m for the 44 miles which isnt too bad for a 52 yr old plodder like me! Lots of snow and hail. 

Impressive. 

Wainers44 - on 12 Feb 2018
In reply to JoshOvki:

You know when the snow is heavy when your race number turns totally white! It was a bit chilly at times, but snow and hail is much better than rain. I didn't wear the waterproof at all, mind you the hat and gloves stayed on the whole race!

In reply to mbh:

Cheers, I am well chuffed with that time. Apart from 200m at the bottom where I was eating a hot cross bun I managed to run all the way up the 6 mile long hill up over the beacons.

One thing that worked a treat was when I got to about 32miles I wasn't sure I could run continuously so to keep a bit back I did a strict run 2min, walk 2min. That really kept the momentum going and I was managing 11min miles  even doing that. Chips and coffee at the last check point got me running properly again and I think I ran the last 6 at about 8.5 min miles.

Moley on 12 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

Sounds like a good run to me, nothing wrong with that time in this weather and it's early season. Well done, what next?

BusyLizzie on 12 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

Wow, awesome!

... what next?

Well the only things actually signed up and paid for are the LDWA 100 in May, and also the RAT in Cornwall in August. After 2 DNFs in the 64 mile RAT I have played safe and gone back to the 32....but who knows, after yesterday, maybe think again?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.