UKC

Brecon to Cardiff Ultra

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wainers44 10 Feb 2018

Very best of luck to anyone else doing this tomorrow.

Weather looks nice and cool, which for me is a good thing. Now, if I can only keep eating all will be fine.....????

JoshOvki 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

I did part of the run Merthyr to Ponty today. The path was pretty wet to be prepared for that. I also got caught in some wire around Quakers Yard (You go down some steps, through a tunnel and to the right, in front of you there is a bench. I have tucked the wire behind the bench as it was attached to the wall, but something to look out for). 

Best of luck on it! I almost entered myself but my knee isn't doing great.

OP Wainers44 10 Feb 2018
In reply to JoshOvki:

That really is local knowledge!!! Thanks for that ????

OP Wainers44 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

Job done. Time around 8hr 25m for the 44 miles which isnt too bad for a 52 yr old plodder like me! Lots of snow and hail. 

Welsh Kate 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

Well done! It was lovely in the sunshine, both those snow showers weren't fun!

JoshOvki 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

Epic! It looked like you had all of the weather today.

mbh 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

> Job done. Time around 8hr 25m for the 44 miles which isnt too bad for a 52 yr old plodder like me! Lots of snow and hail. 

8hr 25m? That's not plodding. It's bloody impressive. At the same age I took two hours longer to do the 44 miles of the CQ. That's plodding!

Run_Ross_Run 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

> Job done. Time around 8hr 25m for the 44 miles which isnt too bad for a 52 yr old plodder like me! Lots of snow and hail. 

Impressive. 

OP Wainers44 12 Feb 2018
In reply to JoshOvki:

You know when the snow is heavy when your race number turns totally white! It was a bit chilly at times, but snow and hail is much better than rain. I didn't wear the waterproof at all, mind you the hat and gloves stayed on the whole race!

OP Wainers44 12 Feb 2018
In reply to mbh:

Cheers, I am well chuffed with that time. Apart from 200m at the bottom where I was eating a hot cross bun I managed to run all the way up the 6 mile long hill up over the beacons.

One thing that worked a treat was when I got to about 32miles I wasn't sure I could run continuously so to keep a bit back I did a strict run 2min, walk 2min. That really kept the momentum going and I was managing 11min miles  even doing that. Chips and coffee at the last check point got me running properly again and I think I ran the last 6 at about 8.5 min miles.

Moley 12 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

Sounds like a good run to me, nothing wrong with that time in this weather and it's early season. Well done, what next?

BusyLizzie 12 Feb 2018
In reply to Wainers44:

Wow, awesome!

OP Wainers44 12 Feb 2018

... what next?

Well the only things actually signed up and paid for are the LDWA 100 in May, and also the RAT in Cornwall in August. After 2 DNFs in the 64 mile RAT I have played safe and gone back to the 32....but who knows, after yesterday, maybe think again?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...