UKC

Cheapest gps watch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shaunhaynes99 03 May 2020

Had 4-5months off running due ro ankle injury  and  stupidly  i sold all running watch. 

Now my  im  sorting my ankle. I wsnt to get back into it. 

I wont be going over 10km. 

But i want a new gps watch is the forerunner 25 the cheapest  one i can get with bluetooth? Im now not fussed  my heart rate or anything like that now. I juat want as simple/cheap  as possible in case my ankle flares up again. I know  there is the 15 but  the syncing  to pc was a pain

But tbh im trying  to avoid   things like facebook and strava. But km gonna get back into my using run keeper as  thats  free 

Post edited at 08:17
 More-On 03 May 2020
In reply to Shaunhaynes99:

I also didn't want wrist heart rate when I was shopping for a new watch but still went for the forerunner 35 as the three line adjustable screen is much better than the 25. I also value the long battery life and ability to charge whilst recording as I run ultra marathons, but I do note you don't currently want that.

OP Shaunhaynes99 03 May 2020

I used to have the 35 and was a big fan. But i hoping to avoid dropping  the £100 if my ankle issues flairs up again.  I literally  just need pace and distance and maybe overall  time. The  vito active is on azamon 2nd hand for 55 60 but not sure  if that will track the bits i need it too.

Yes you can  all point and laugh at me for selling it before i wont be doing that again

Post edited at 08:43
 More-On 03 May 2020

Understood. I still think the 35 is the better bet long term

Hope the ankle holds up.

In reply to More-On:

Yeah true. I had and liked it before  might just stick with run keeper till 100% sure on the ankle. 

I was able to do a half  marathon pre bad ankle ao im hopeful that i should still be able to do a slow 10km now

Post edited at 09:24
 More-On 03 May 2020

If you're happy carrying your phone I would agree sticking with that makes sense for  now.

Good luck and enjoy getting out.

In reply to More-On:

I have kept all im trail shorts. That i can stick my phone in.  It doesnt give my live pace but it will get me out im sure till i have be sure.

mrphilipoldham 03 May 2020
In reply to More-On:

Yes surely the cheapest is an armband or waist pouch for a phone.. shouldn't be too annoying if you're not doing more than 10k. 

Edit - Or even a pocket

Post edited at 11:11
 mbh 03 May 2020
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

..or just carry it. That's what I do for short runs if I want the phone with me, mostly in a small Exped type bag.

OP Shaunhaynes99 04 May 2020

Went out for 5km this mornign was good get  out was a bit annoying with phone in the pocket but ill cope untill  im sure and can reinvest in a watch

PJD 04 May 2020

Look at something like a Flipbelt to carry the phone without it bouncing about.

peppermill 04 May 2020

Consider used? Buy a lot of my electronic stuff from CeX, second hand but with a 2 year warranty (i've had to test this and it was honoured no questions asked). I think my Fenix 2 was £55- a few scratches but more than good enough for me.

BusyLizzie 05 May 2020

I have just ordered the garmin 35. I finally lost patience with strava under-recording distance. Nose now pressed against the front window waiting for the postman...

OP Shaunhaynes99 05 May 2020
In reply to BusyLizzie:

I really liked my forerunner 35 it did all the bits and prices that i needed it do. 

If my ankle is fixed (which i dont think it is)for sure then i  will reinvest.

Post edited at 15:19
 BusyLizzie 16 May 2020

I've had the forerunner 35 for a few days now and am loving it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...