UKC

Does runkeeper carry on working when it loses 3g signal?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Camm 27 May 2013
I'm going to use runkeeper for what I hope will be a 30 mile run in the peak my phone is bound to loose 3g signal at some point, will runkeeper still log my pace and track it without 3g signal? Because there's no point in me using the app if it wont!
 Banned User 77 27 May 2013
In reply to danrock101: I thought so.. I used strava on my i phone in the states and had it 3g turned off I think.. hope.. can't you turn it all off and check?
Bob kate bob 27 May 2013
In reply to danrock101: Yes as you can use it abroad without turning roaming on. You do need GPS though.
 wintertree 27 May 2013
In reply to danrock101:

Yes, it keeps it on the phone and will upload it the next time you have a signal.

If you're spending a lt of time in an area with no mobile signal beware that your battery may run down faster as the phone ramps the cellular radio power to try and get a connection. I use an external battery case when using runkeeper for more than 3-4 hours.
OP Camm 27 May 2013
In reply to danrock101:
Nice one guys, cheers
I tried it in Florida without roaming on as it would of cost me about £300 and it didn't work but maybe it would of if I let it carry on and then waited till I got back to where I was staying and uploaded it via wifi!
OP Camm 27 May 2013
In reply to danrock101:
Also, I'll be taking my usb battery pack!
 b_fillmore 28 May 2013
In reply to danrock101:

It will work (as another said turn off your 3g to save on battery) but I found that if you're ascending/descending steep terrain the pacing gets all wonky and you'll be logging 5min/km ascents with a vertical gain of 300m! And then the next km will be 20min+ without any altitude gain..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...