UKC

Ganglion Cyst on foot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Euge 18 May 2020

I have discovered that I have a Ganglion Cyst on the top of my foot...

Has anyone any experience with these?

Cheers

Eugene

DaveHK 18 May 2020
In reply to Euge:

Do you have a bible?

nufkin 18 May 2020
In reply to Euge:

I had one develop on a finger; after a mention of the bible the doctor took great glee in draining it with a big syringe.

It gradually came back (synovial fluid leaking from the joint, apparently. Possibly not quite the same thing) and they cut it out and sealed up the fissure. So far it's not returned again

SouthernSteve 18 May 2020
In reply to Euge:

The ones on your wrist they leave now as the waiting times were so long for surgery they learnt they self resolved. Feet not so sure.

Tim Sparrow 18 May 2020
In reply to Euge:

Yes, I have  one about 2.5 cm long, just under 1cm high on the top of my foot, behind little and 4th toe. Podiatrist consultant tried to aspirate it but failed to extract anything other than a drop of plasma. Was amusing watching him first try to squeeze it like a giant zit and then struggle to suck it out with a syringe the size of a small bicycle pump.

Then it was investigated by ultrasound to determine the extent. Quite large was the outcome, larger than the visible dimensions, followed by did I want it removed? Consultant warned that if it was removed, the gap would be filled with scar tissue and potential nerve damage. As I already suffer from Raynauds after nerve damage following  a Dupuytrens correction to a little finger, I have just left it. It causes me no problems at all but it is not  in an awkward position.

Hope that helps you.

Post edited at 12:42
 Jon Greengrass 18 May 2020
In reply to Euge:

Yes, my cat kindly burst the one on my big toe with her extended claw when she walked across my bare foot. Straight to see my GP for a prophylactic course of antibiotics to stop it getting infected. It  took an age to heal (weeks if I recall?)  and filled with fluid again. 

Gav_92 18 May 2020
In reply to Euge:

I have one on my wrist that comes and goes, occasionally very painful but the prospect of it being drained or aspirated without general anaesthetic terrifies me 

Rick Graham 18 May 2020
In reply to Euge:

I had one on the back of my hand for a year or so.

It disappeared after a rock trip to mello, Swiss granite and German sandstone.

Lots of easy and careful jamming saw the end of it, never resorted to the bible/ Lancashire brick trick as suggested by the doctor.

Post edited at 13:42
 sammy5000 18 May 2020
In reply to Euge:

Yep had a huge one on top of my foot was like half an egg stuck on.

It wasnt painful but very uncomfortable  and had to change to a pair of unlaced rock shoes on my right foot.

Got it removed via surgery healed up within a week aint come back

kaiser 18 May 2020
In reply to Euge:

Wife had one there - had it removed via surgery and no problems since

MarkH55 18 May 2020
In reply to Euge:

I used to hit mine with the TV remote (no bible to hand)

OP Euge 24 May 2020
In reply to Euge:

Thanks all

Phoned up the doctor and nothing will happen during this period, especially since it is not giving me any trouble.

Just have to send them some photos so it's on record.

Cheers

Euge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...