UKC

Garmin Forerunner 935 battery life

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climberchristy 11 Aug 2018

Hi. Thinking of buying Forerunner 935. Garmin claim up to 24 hours battery life in full GPS mode. Anyone got one who can say how close to that you've actually got?

Thanks 

steelbru 12 Aug 2018
In reply to climberchristy

Given lack of response here I'm guessing no-one uses the 935. You could try asking on the Garmin forums, they have a specific FR935 section https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/running/forerunner-935-aa

I'm guessing that if Garmin say up to 24 hours, then that would be with the minimum of options switched on, eg no auto lap which buzzes and puts a lap summary screen every mile, GPS only rather GPS + Glonass, no metronome on, no auto light when you twist your wrist, etc, etc

SouthernSteve 12 Aug 2018
In reply to climberchristy:

I would turn bluetooth off as that seems to eat the batteries on ours here – not a 935 though.

climbingpixie 12 Aug 2018

Longest I've used my 935 is 14 and a half hours and it reckoned it had 25% battery left after that. So not looking good for 24 hour life on that basis but I've never properly tested it. 

In reply to climbingpixie:

Hi Julie. Hope you been ok since our interview and hope research going well. In general terms how do you like the 935. I'm wanting to upgrade for running only (longer ultras) and the 935 seems to have best battery times.

steelbru 12 Aug 2018

The other thing to remember is that all ( I think ) of the newer Garmins allow you to charge mid activity, using a power bank. Depending which model and which type of charging cable connection, you may not be able to keep wearing it, but you could stick it in a pack pocket on charge for an hour or so to top it up mid race.

climbingpixie 12 Aug 2018

I'm good, cheers. Just in the writing up and panicking stage now! How are the injuries? Have you got the sign off for running yet?

I really like my 935. I ummed and ahhed about buying it as it's massively overkill for my level of running but I decided to treat myself in the run up to the Lakes 10 Peaks last summer. I like the optical HRM, I know they're not as accurate as a chest strap but having seen a friend's wicked underboob chafing I'd rather not use one! I also really like the fact that it has a barometric altimeter so you can use it for nav on mountain marathons. I don't use the smart watch functions that much when I'm running, although I do occasionally use them to control the volume of music on my phone and I tend to use them if I'm wearing it out and about. The general battery life is great and I only charge it every 2-3 weeks.

My only beef with the watch is the size of it, though all the sports watches with lots of techy toys are the same really. They feel very much designed with men's wrists in mind, not girly skinny ones. It's not a problem for using it for sport but it does mean I don't tend to wear it for general use, so a lot of the functions like sleep tracking and all day heart rate are wasted.

In reply to climbingpixie:

Thanks for feedback Julie. Yes I'm signed off to run now so staying sane!

In reply to steelbru:

Thanks for helpful advice. Cheers 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...