UKC

Inov8 fitting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TCP 15 Jan 2019

Was looking at Inov8 mud claw or X Talons. They are described as precision fit and seem to be good for narrow feet. That’s fine as I have narrow feet. Would it still be worth going up a size? My feet are 6.5 or size 40. Thought it might be worth going up a little to a size 7 which I have done in road shoes. Any thoughts don’t want to be rolling around in them but hot feet swell and don’t fancy suffering.

bouldery bits 15 Jan 2019
In reply to TCP:

I don't with mine.

Not sure how helpful an answer that is though! 

DaveHK 15 Jan 2019
In reply to TCP:

I don't think the precision fit inov8s are particularly narrow despite what they say. I've got narrow feet and I slop about in them regardless of sizing. 

Tom Last 15 Jan 2019
In reply to TCP:

I’ve not got narrow feet and Mudclaws seem to fit me well in my regular size, though I’ve had them a size up too and the were fine. I wouldn’t say they’re a slim fit particularly, unless they’ve changed since first the yellow then the red and black ones. 

OP TCP 15 Jan 2019

Cheers all think I might go for 7s one of my feet is pretty much a 7 so will give them a whirl.

Simon Caldwell 15 Jan 2019
In reply to TCP:

My normal shoe size is 8.5 or occasionally 9, but in the latest version of Mudclaws I wear an 8! Previous models I needed 8.5, so they've definitely changed their sizing. I also have a pair of size 8.5 to wear with sealskinz. 

Solaris 15 Jan 2019
In reply to TCP:

I have narrow feet and find X Talons ("precision fit") and Mudclaws wide for me, so I wouldn't be tempted to go up a size if feel and stability really mattered to me.

Post edited at 23:44
 JimR 16 Jan 2019
In reply to Solaris:

I've normal feet and find the sizing of the Roclites and Mudclaws spot on! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...