UKC

It's minging out there!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 13 Oct 2019

I'm sitting in my running kit, looking out the window and struggling for the psych to go running! I planned to do 10km. Not feeling it though!  

Simon Pelly 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Give it a go. You'll feel better for it afterwards.

Simon...

Run_Ross_Run 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Just got back from 18km trail run. Was blazing out there. 

*sorry* 

mbh 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

You will feel better afterwards if you do it, but don't beat yourself up if you don't. there's always another day when it won't be raining. 

It is embarassing how often I have driven somewhere nice, typically on the way home from work, got changed in the car, got out of the car, felt a splash of rain on my nose, or saw a whisp of cloud in an expanse of blue sky...then got back in again and and gone home.

Climbthatpitch 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Get out and have fun 😁 try to remember being a kid and rain was fun to play in. 

Even if you only do 1km get out and see how u feel 

Wainers44 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Clear and dry here now. Mind it p*ssed down the whole time this morning when I ran the very very hilly 13miles of coast path to torquay. English Riviera? My a*se!! 😀 

mbh 13 Oct 2019
In reply to Wainers44:

Same here this morning, way out west. But it was warm. Wet and warm is OK, wet and cold and you need serious will power to get outside the door. I feel for girlymonkey.

pasbury 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

It’s only water, who’s boss here?

OP girlymonkey 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Thanks for the encouragement. I did go. I'm naturally a morning runner, so evenings are hard to motivate myself anyway. Once I was past the first couple of km, I couldn't get any wetter so didn't mind it any more and I ran my fastest 10km yet! I run better in the cold, so I think the conditions actually suited me quite well, it just wasn't an appealing thought to go out!

Well done to everyone else who got out too!

Shaunhaynes99 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Agree I love running in the cold and rain. Much rather that then summer heat.

Climbthatpitch 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Nice work 👌👌👌👏👏👏

In reply to Shaunhaynes99:

Absolutely. The summer heat just about kills me! It's so sticky and yucky and I struggle to breathe!

steveriley 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Wore a jacket, boiled. It’s only mud and water 😀

In reply to steveriley:

I wore a very thin hi Viz one as I knew I would end up on a winding country lane at dusk (most of my route is off road, but a few wee road sections). It's vaguely splash proof and semi wind proof, so not too hot for most of it. I unzipped it on the uphills and that worked. It was spectacularly foul tonight though up here! Lol

It is only mud and water, but the thought of it when I am inside in the warm is never encouraging, despite knowing it will be fine once I am out! Lol. Maybe I'm just a wimp!

Toccata 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

15 miserable k in the White Peak this morning will be offset by the lovely 20k I’m going to do in Nevada tomorrow.

Removed User 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

It was a reasonable day in the west. Went for run up my local hill, Barr Mòr, with the dog. Most of the Morvern, Mull and Appin hills where clear of cloud.

colinakmc 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

It’s always hard getting out the door in poor conditions but the most enjoyable run I can recall in 30 odd years was 9 or 10k in a blizzard!  Makes you such a smug b**** though...

steveriley 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Oh indeed, if you’re out running and it starts raining you suck it up ...but when you’re in a warm house looking out. I only did 40 mins and went for cake, my MM partner is just drawing to the end of the Snowdon 100. We are not worthy!

pasbury 13 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Shit now I feel guilty that I didn’t do 5 today. Well I did but it was stumbling about in wellies.

OP girlymonkey 14 Oct 2019
In reply to pasbury:

Wellies are hard work! Sounds like a lot of effort, you can always run another day!

Euge 14 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Always find it easier training in the winter than summer... Heat kills me.

Never again will I sign up for an autumn marathon

Euge

DancingOnRock 14 Oct 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

Rain always looks worse when you’re looking at it though a window.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...