UKC

Killian’s BG

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ablackett 08 Jul 2018

Killian Jornet just set off on the Bob Graham. Carl Bell is supporting L1 so he’s going for a quick one!

For anyone who doesn’t know there seems to be a good chance he will take Billy Bland’s unbreakable record of 13h53.

Good luck to him.

In reply to ablackett:

Interesting, do you know if he has a live tracker available anywhere? A quick search doesn't give me anything.

mountainbagger 08 Jul 2018
In reply to mountain.martin:

I can't find anything either. Just checked his blog... I must have missed it, but apparently he broke his fibula 3 months ago! And won the Mont Blanc Marathon a week ago

galpinos 08 Jul 2018
In reply to mountainbagger:

He broke it during the Pierra Menta (last day, he was in contention for the win).

I saw Shane Ohly (somewhere on social media) said he was wearing a tracker but no idea where you can see it online.

shuffle 08 Jul 2018
In reply to galpinos:

I don't think the tracker link has been made public. 

Good luck to him - he clearly means business with Carl as his leg one pacer!

Tom Last 08 Jul 2018
In reply to ablackett:

~1.51.55 Blencathra summit - holy sh*t! 

From Shane Ohly’s FB page.

Post edited at 09:50
 plyometrics 08 Jul 2018
In reply to ablackett:

Thanks for the heads up. We jumped into the car and headed to Dunmail. He hit there at 10:38.

Video from my better half here: https://mobile.twitter.com/carolinebuble/status/1015895785001676803

Mr Fuller 08 Jul 2018
In reply to Tom Last:

He's apparently 30 minutes up on the record after only 4.30. Wow. If he keeps this up he'll go under 12 hours!

airborne 08 Jul 2018
In reply to plyometrics:

At least he had the decency not to run up Steel Fell then. 

steveriley 08 Jul 2018
In reply to ablackett:

Blimey. Classy pics of Billy out to cheer him on at Dunmail over on the FRA Facebook page

plyometrics 08 Jul 2018
In reply to airborne:

Ha! Yes, he got to the top pretty quickly though! Was super exciting to be there. Fingers crossed he does it. 

petestack 08 Jul 2018
In reply to steveriley:

> Blimey. Classy pics of Billy out to cheer him on at Dunmail over on the FRA Facebook page

Having just gone looking and not found them there, pointing others to the Fell Runners UK group (which isn't the same thing):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/44498401718/

Post edited at 15:24
 mbh 08 Jul 2018
In reply to petestack:

A lovely picture on there of a young lad chasing him on the way out from Dunmail.

Where is he now?

elliptic 08 Jul 2018
In reply to mbh:

Went over Dale Head at 17:30. He's going to take a huge chunk out of Billy's time.

Moley 08 Jul 2018
In reply to ablackett:

Anyone know where that thread is with our time predictions, from last year I think when he was over here?

blackcat 08 Jul 2018
In reply to elliptic:Should be on his way back to moot hall now,awesome.

In reply to elliptic:

Robinson 17:52 apparently! Wow.

In reply to elliptic:

TalkUltra tweet: "Planning on being in Keswick. Be quick.... 1830 - 1840 I reckon #bgr"

Not sure but this looks like a live feed from Keswick???

https://twitter.com/mattharts/status/1016007215516475392?s=19

He's due in a few minutes apparently!

blackcat 08 Jul 2018
In reply to mountainbagger:Nice one,cheers.

plyometrics 08 Jul 2018
In reply to mountainbagger:

He’s just arrived at moot hall.

Unofficial suggestion is it’s 12:53????

Unbelievable! History has just been made!

climbingpixie 08 Jul 2018
In reply to ablackett:

He's done it. 12.52ish so an hour faster than the record!!

In reply to blackcat:

Live feed looks like he has made it but cant work out his time 

In reply to climbingpixie:

Wow. Very impressive! 

petestack 08 Jul 2018
In reply to plyometrics:

Different class, peerless, one of a kind!

lummox 08 Jul 2018
In reply to petestack:

Great to see Billy at the Moot Hall to congratulate him 

Removed User 08 Jul 2018
In reply to ablackett:

Awesome.

shuffle 08 Jul 2018
In reply to plyometrics:

Wow, that's just a phenomenal run!

It's so great to see all the fast guys out supporting him as well as Billy heading out to see him on the run and at the finish. Proper sportsmanship that encapsulates everything that makes fell running great 

plyometrics 08 Jul 2018
In reply to shuffle:

Agreed. Incredible isn’t it? 

Can’t believe how exciting it’s been today!

climbingpixie 08 Jul 2018
In reply to shuffle:

It was particularly good that Billy was out and that he had the support of some top class fell guys. Some of the comments on the fell runners FB page beforehand were pretty depressing - hoping that no-one would pace KJ and that he'd be unsuccessful.

Post edited at 19:37
 plyometrics 08 Jul 2018

Let’s hope Billy Bland’s explicit endorsement today puts a swift end to any negativity.

I reckon he’s the only guy on planet earth that can legitimately judge Kilian’s achievement. 

XXXX 08 Jul 2018
In reply to plyometrics:

Did he just go round once? Disappointing.

shuffle 08 Jul 2018

Yes I saw some of that chat on Facebook. I found it all pretty mean minded so it was great to see that Kilian went out with proper support from the top runners today.

I think some folk were worried that as a professional athlete he would make his attempt in a flashy commercial way, so it has been great to see him approach it a very low key way in keeping with the spirit of the round.

There are some lovely pictures on Twitter and Facebook of Kilian and Billy sharing a post run drink and a chat at the Moot Hall

Post edited at 19:51
 Andy Mullett 08 Jul 2018
In reply to shuffle:

Agreed.. If BB is happy to welcome KJ back, who cares what Facebook thinks... And the assistance of an all-star support crew and pacers would certainly help!

Any takers on how long this records going to last? Suspect it'll be standing long after I am! 

Chris the Tall 08 Jul 2018
In reply to ablackett:

> Billy Bland’s unbreakable record of 13h53.

Thanks for posting that, it was one of the questions in the quiz at the Britannia tonight !

yorkshireman 09 Jul 2018
In reply to Chris the Tall:

Here's his Strava track. I had no idea the BGR was so steep.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1690134887

Phenomenal.

Guy 09 Jul 2018
In reply to yorkshireman:

That strava track is flipping useful for spotting where I went wrong on Saturdays recce!  I'm guessing it is about as good a route as you can get with those pacers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...