UKC

Leki Folding trail running pole - core locking device

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steveej 05 Apr 2023

Morning all,

just on my way back from Snowdonia and one of my poles, a Leki Micro Trail Vario pole is stuck in the assembled position.

the core locking device which is kind of an internal spring lock inside the pole has somehow seized.

I have a race in 5 weeks and really need to be able to collapse the poles for the scrambling sections.

These are folding poles (not telescopic). Has anyone had this issue and did you find a fix?

there is unlikely enough time to return to Leki under warrenty.

cheers

steve 

OP steveej 11 Apr 2023
In reply to steveej:

Ok, so in case this helps anyone.

Leki customer service just says to return the poles to the retailer!  Very difficult given theyre built up and the charge for posting a fully up pole is silly money.

I have found out that by twisting the pole section closest to the the tip that it shortens or reduces the cable (depending on which way you turn it).

The section then closest to the handle can be twisted to get it to unlock / lock.

It's a bit of a faff, but seems to work just about.

Hope this helps someone.

SouthernSteve 11 Apr 2023
In reply to steveej:

Some kind of knocking and twisting usually gets this sorted. if it's like mine you need to WD40 the pin regularly to keep it moving. It is really annoying when it gets stuck in and you can't use a pole without fiddling for 10 minutes on an Ultra!

SouthernSteve 11 Apr 2023
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Apologies  I realised, after rereading your post and looking on the web, I was discussing the previous 'old-fashioned' system! I didn't know my poles were so out of date. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...