UKC

Rat Race kit - any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ridge 05 May 2020

Anyone bought any Rat Race kit, which is being heavily discounted at present?

I've always regarded them as purveyors of extremely expensive trail races, but not really looked at their clothing/kit.

Any opinions or experience of using their stuff?

ianstevens 05 May 2020
In reply to Ridge:

Never used any, but it seems reasonable to presume that if they overcharge for a run around a field, they’ll overcharge for kit too?

OP Ridge 05 May 2020
In reply to ianstevens:

> Never used any, but it seems reasonable to presume that if they overcharge for a run around a field, they’ll overcharge for kit too?

That's my gut feeling too, but some of the prices here (thermal jackets and socks) seem quite reasonable, assuming it's not chinese tat with an expensive logo

https://ratracestore.com/clothing.html?___store=ratrace_uk_en

The New NickB 05 May 2020
In reply to Ridge:

Looks like over priced tat to me. Probably doesn't come from China, too expensive these days.

wbo2 06 May 2020
In reply to The New NickB:

That.. it looks terrible.  OP ,What are you looking for?

OP Ridge 06 May 2020
In reply to wbo2:

Cheap giblet, sorry “gilet” to pair with my OMM rotor Smock for a bit more core insulation.

combatrock 06 May 2020
In reply to Ridge:

I got the Challenger Thermal jacket and a hoodie in exchange for a ticket mess up (long story...) and they are actually really good. I have not owned a 'big brand' insulated jacket before so not much to compare to, but it's on year 3 of daily winter wear and it's holding up well, nice and toastie. The hoody is, well, a hoody, but very warm and not bobbled after 3 years. Hope that helps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...