UKC

Resoling Trail Running Shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Garethza 19 Aug 2019

Is it possible to resole trail running shoes in the UK - similar to the way we resole climbing shoes?

Reason i ask is because i have been doing a lot of running and my pair of Salomon trail runners have done me well, however the soles are almost at the end of their life on the forefoot yet the uppers are still in perfect nick, so seems like a bit of a waste to just chuck 'em out and buy a new pair.. 

Does anyone know if they can be resoled and at what cost? I have googled but not come up with much for an answer... 

gooberman-hill 19 Aug 2019
In reply to Garethza:

Yeah - check out Lancashire Sports Repairs. I've had a couple of pairs of Hokas resoled by them, and they have done an excellent job.

If you want to go "all in" get their fell sole put on a pair of trail shoes. You will need to walk round town in them for about a week to get the lugs down to a reasonable size, but once that is done they are brilliant - amazing grip on rock and mud. I have used these "FrankenHokas" on both UTMB and TdG and they have held up really well on both (different pairs of shoes).

Steve

OP Garethza 19 Aug 2019
In reply to gooberman-hill:

That is exactly what i was wanting to go for - thanks for the heads up and a reasonable price too! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...