UKC

Salomon race vest sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 More-On 16 May 2022

The time has come to replace my UD Adventure Vest 3.0 and the Salomon Adv Skin 12 looks like it fits the bill and deals with the minor niggles I have with the UD vest.

The issue is that I fall right between the medium and large sizes on the Salomon size chart (actual chest measurement of 102cm), so can anyone tell me how they fit please i.e. large or small, tight under the arm etc?

I note the Sense Pro seems to be small for the marked size, but there doesn't see as much info on the Adv Skin range and I can't readily get to try one on at the moment.

TMM 16 May 2022
In reply to More-On:

I seem recall the advice from Salomon is too size up if you are between size. I am 40" chest and I went for large and it works well for me.

pyrrho101 16 May 2022
In reply to More-On:

Not sure if this is useful or not but I am also in between two sizes of the Adv Skin 12. I got a small and liked it so much I got a medium too. Both fit great and give me no problems. Whilst I can fit full race kit in the small, the medium is more comfortable for that. When just running with bottles, I opt for the small. 

OP More-On 16 May 2022
In reply to TMM:

Many thanks - very good to know.

OP More-On 16 May 2022
In reply to pyrrho101:

The description of full race kit and comfort is very useful, thank you. I tend towards longer events with more mandatory kit and water/food required, as such going with the larger size makes sense as it will be fuller almost all of the time.

George Ormerod 16 May 2022
In reply to More-On:

I've got a nearly identical chest measurement to you and I've got a large Adv Skin 12 and it fits perfectly in my opinion.  I used it on a 50k a couple of weeks ago and had no chafing, etc. and carried quite a lot of kit as it was an early season, mountain snowy run..

OP More-On 16 May 2022
In reply to George Ormerod:

Great stuff, thank you.

Large is is then...

SouthernSteve 16 May 2022
In reply to More-On:

Might be too late, but I am a similar size and have a large (admittedly a very old version)

OP More-On 17 May 2022
In reply to SouthernSteve:

Thanks and not at all - got to wait for pay day!

yorkshireman 17 May 2022
In reply to More-On:

> The description of full race kit and comfort is very useful, thank you. I tend towards longer events with more mandatory kit and water/food required, as such going with the larger size makes sense as it will be fuller almost all of the time.

I had the chance to try on in store as I was between sizes too and sized up (although choice between S/M). The pack cinches down well with the cords but anything too small would be constricting. 

It's one of the best purchases I've made in a long time and definitely the best race vest (came from the UD AK 3) and I've worn it up to 42hrs straight with no problems. 

OP More-On 18 May 2022
In reply to yorkshireman:

That is all very good to hear, thank you. My UD isn't too bad at all, so I have high hopes for the Adv Skin. Every little thing helps 30 or more hours in, but you know that better than I!

Timely thread as I just bought this pack (went for XL). I’ve had some fun looking at the different configurations and attachments for the elasticated strings!

i note the is a silver lined, slightly padded pouch in the compartment next to your back. My Sense Ultra didn’t have this. 
do people leave this in as padding or take it out? I won’t be using a bladder. And, yes, I know it only weighs 28g. 

yorkshireman 25 May 2022
In reply to bentley's biceps: 

> do people leave this in as padding or take it out? I won’t be using a bladder. And, yes, I know it only weighs 28g. 

I think it's just to help the bladder slide in and out more easily. I don't use it as I prefer the soft flasks. 

Thanks.  I use flasks as getting the bladder out to refill on ultras is a pain.  And you don't know how much you have left.

I was thinking the same as you and was going to take it out.  I've got a couple of trail marathons in the next few weeks so I'll test it out.

28g is an extra Mars bar...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...