UKC

sports bras - recommendations (preferably from women)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 control freak 08 Dec 2013
I need to replace my sports bras. Can't get anywhere to try on at the moment so am going to order online and keep going until one fits right. To minimise this process, does anyone have any recommendations please? I wear them for running so nothing below high impact, and they need to be as sturdy as possible and wearable for long periods of time.

Do any really do what they say and prevent 78% wobble? (last few haven't but I'm hoping things have improved)

Thank you for any recommendations.
 ebygomm 08 Dec 2013
In reply to control freak:

I have a couple of shock absorber ones that are good but one thing I'd avoid again is getting one that doesn't completely open. One of the ones I have is an over the head job and then the band fastens at both sides. I need help extracting myself from it afterwards!
 liz j 08 Dec 2013

Tesco high impact sports bra £6, have run miles in mine with no problems.
OP control freak 08 Dec 2013
In reply to ebygomm: Thanks. I don't mind the over the head ones as they seem to be more sturdy but they tend to gradually stretch with repeated wrestlings on and off!
OP control freak 08 Dec 2013
In reply to liz j:

Really? Blimey. Will have a look.
 David Bennett 08 Dec 2013
Wife wears the shock absorber brand after trying many. When there is very energetic activity required she wears two. Apparently this has the desired effect.
 John_Hat 08 Dec 2013

A friend with problems in this area reccomends Shock Absorber as well..
 Mike Conlon 08 Dec 2013
In reply to ebygomm:
> (In reply to control freak)
>
> I have a couple of shock absorber ones that are good but one thing I'd avoid again is getting one that doesn't completely open. One of the ones I have is an over the head job and then the band fastens at both sides. I need help extracting myself from it afterwards!

I know I shouldn't but - I am available most Wednesdays !

Welsh Kate 08 Dec 2013

Shock Absorber. But I also have an over-the-head Under Armour one which is very comfy, esp. with rucksack (no seams in critical places).
 LastBoyScout 09 Dec 2013
My wife wears Shock Absorber, although she's quite petite and I don't know how she compares to you size-wise.

Cycling Active November 2013 issue had a review of 7 bras - just fished it out and the test winner was Sport Jock Action sports bra, followed by the Pure Lime HRM compression bra, both rated for those with bigger assets. Best on a budget was H&M's offering at £9.99, but not rated for those above C.
Post edited at 09:18
 Rich Ellis 09 Dec 2013

Bought a Dance-eze(or Danseze, not quite sure on spelling) sports bra for my ex- wife which was very good for climbing . She was a DD.
Try a dancing shop or website.
 LeeWood 09 Dec 2013
 Tall Clare 09 Dec 2013
In reply to LeeWood:

Running and other high impact sports *without* a sports bra (which, by its nature, will fit snugly) is horrendous and can cause all sorts of damage.
 kathrync 09 Dec 2013
In reply to LastBoyScout:

> Cycling Active November 2013 issue had a review of 7 bras - just fished it out and the test winner was Sport Jock Action sports bra

I like the Sport Jock Action very much - use it for running, cycling, climbing and all sorts. I am quite (ok, very) small though so I can't vouch for how well it will work for those better endowed than me (i.e., everyone else).

Gone 09 Dec 2013
In reply to LeeWood:

> tight fit is bad, links to breat cancer:

Not according to the experts. Avoid painful bras and stop worrying about cancer. Exercise is good for you too!

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-help/about-cancer/cancer-questions/b...
 marsbar 09 Dec 2013

I had a shock absorber which was great and a supermarket one (may have been tesco but not sure?) Also great.

LeeWood 09 Dec 2013
In reply to Gone:

Don't forget that cancer treatment is extremely lucrative. It is not in the interests of orthodox medicine to advise preventative measures. Don't imagine the experts 'care' about health, they're advice comes from 'the system' which cares rather about profit.
 The Norris 09 Dec 2013
In reply to LeeWood:

Cancer research is a charity. They dont care about profit, they care about helping people.
OP control freak 09 Dec 2013
Thanks everyone, am going for a shock absorber and a try on in tesco.
On balance and weight of clinical evidence, I will continue to truss them up for a couple of hours a day and take the cancer reducing benefits of exercise. Non trussing and running doesn't appeal all that much.
 Tall Clare 09 Dec 2013

Trussing is such an under-used word.
 cat22 09 Dec 2013

Another vote for Shock Absorber from me. On my 3rd of these: http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/en/products/active-range/active-multi-sports...

(they last a good couple of years and get demoted from running to biking when they start to stretch a little!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...