Loading Notifications...

Strava/Samsung Software issues

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

I've been using Strava on my Samsung Gear 3 watch for over a year now with no issues.

Over the last week I have been getting "Strava needs a longer activity to upload.." messages at the end of my exercise (>40 minutes) a lot of the time, and basically the workout is lost as a result. I've raised it with Strava support, but nothing back yet.

Does anyone use the Samsung watch/Strava combination and get similar issues and found a workaround? I'm on software version 1.3.8 - I've no idea if this is a recent update or not.

I have been taking my phone too as backup, but currently there seems little/no point in having the watch any more...

compost 10:40 Tue
In reply to steve taylor:

I have almost the opposite issue - recording on my Huawei Chinese spy phone glitches and fails completely with no error messages 50% of the time. My Garmin Forerunner watch records and uploads perfectly.

It does seem that strava is more flaky now than before the subs changes.

JayK 12:14 Tue

Potentially a update bug. A friend had exactly this issue a couple of times last week. He said that he'd read reports of this happening to a number of people. 

In reply to JayK:

From the forums I've seen it has happened to loads of people.

When I worked in software development, we tested stuff before it was released!

Interestingly, after uninstalling Strava, battery life on my watch has more than doubled. I think their latest software issue might have more than one bug!!!

spiderz 07:10 Wed

I have the same issue, removed Strava battery life doubled! I now use Samsung Health to track activities and have it to automatically sync to Strava.

In reply to spiderz:

Strava have released a new version that fixes the original issue - no mention of battery life though.

spiderz 07:39 Thu

I think I'm just going to continue using Samsung Health. The display (whilst running) is very clear and easy to see.

afshapes 07:14 Fri

I have a galaxy watch,  can't risk using strava at all,  drops out for no reason and you don't find out until half way through , utter shite

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.