UKC

The OMM '21

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 greg_may_ 09 Oct 2021

Had some spare child free time to do some kit faff this morning before getting out for a run with my kit.

Taking worst case option kit out today, have made a few changes to years past. Bag came to 4.65kg, dry weight, with food with made me a little pleased. 

Anyone else cutting the labels out of clothing and wondering what they can get away with? 

Long score for us this year.

bouldery bits 09 Oct 2021
In reply to greg_may_:

I'm taking the tortoise strategy. 

Bring on the suffer! 

Denning76 09 Oct 2021
In reply to greg_may_:

Can't do it this year, very jealous of everyone who can!

Spike 09 Oct 2021
In reply to greg_may_:

Sounds a good start but think aiming for sub 4kg was where I used to be. I did a quick search and this UKC thread from 2020 came up, maybe some good tips in there? And there are quite a lot of other websites with advice on lower weight too out there. 

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/running/mountain_marathon_kit_-_weight-718992

Wainers44 09 Oct 2021
In reply to greg_may_:

Greatest weight saving potential was from around midrift. 

Opportunity missed......

greg_may_ 09 Oct 2021
In reply to Wainers44:

Not even slightly, lightest I've been in 5 years. 

greg_may_ 09 Oct 2021
In reply to Spike:

Aye, I do remember that thread.

mattyP 10 Oct 2021
In reply to greg_may_: you need to post a full and detailed kit list. I’m always interested in what people take/cut.

I’ve always managed to arrange family holidays for the OMM weekend so haven’t do it in years. Might try to find a partner for 2022...

greg_may_ 10 Oct 2021
In reply to mattyP:

Kong MM on Arran next year is also a good choice.

Wainers44 10 Oct 2021
In reply to greg_may_:

> Not even slightly, lightest I've been in 5 years. 

Actually you made me check.....and same old same old...no fatter, no thinner....just the same old weight.

Of course the pack weight should be the total weight for both packs. Just worked out that mine will be 1.95kg. My partners pack on the other hand.....!!! 

SteveM 10 Oct 2021
In reply to greg_may_:

Anyone fancy a last minute entry this year? Thinking of Linear B or medium score…

Cheers

Steve M

In reply to greg_may_:

We've not entered this year, don't know if that is a good or bad thing   We had an absolute shocker at Langdale 2017, got horribly cold & struggled with nav on the first day, then late on second day and lost a good chunk of our points.

On a side note, really enjoyed your street-O in Tod last week!

greg_may_ 11 Oct 2021
In reply to gimmer:

> On a side note, really enjoyed your street-O in Tod last week!

Good to hear you enjoyed it  

Wainers44 18:50 Fri
In reply to greg_may_:

Start times are in. Uh oh....

Still at 1:40k at least the routes are shorter than if the OS did the maps....

greg_may_ 14:38 Sat
In reply to Wainers44:

0900 start...may drive down the morning of rather than night before. 

Would rather be out earlier on the Sunday than 0815 though.  *shiver*

Wainers44 17:04 Sat
In reply to greg_may_:

> 0900 start...may drive down the morning of rather than night before. 

> Would rather be out earlier on the Sunday than 0815 though.  *shiver*

Mmm, yes the Sunday doesn't really count as a lie in does it..!

Just done a bit of 1:40k map use practice.  Think I stayed out of the event area, mind, I am in Devon. Found the ideal substitute running partner,  our 4yr old springer. He covered loads of ground, was smiling the whole time, never looked remotely tired and when we finished the 13 or so miles,  he just wanted to do it again. Doing the event with my son, the experience is going to be identical.....

In reply to Wainers44:

Great stuff mate! Gorgeous day out on the moor today. Got out with my partner today for 20 odd km of moving around. The foot injury held up. Feeling good about our race - although a 9am start time on Sunday makes for a late return to the shire!

greg_may_ 18:17 Sat
In reply to greg_may_:

I've been child herding all day.  Out tomorrow, hoping for decent weather....

Wainers44 18:22 Sat
In reply to bouldery bits:

> Great stuff mate! Gorgeous day out on the moor today. Got out with my partner today for 20 odd km of moving around. The foot injury held up. Feeling good about our race - although a 9am start time on Sunday makes for a late return to the shire!

The moor was stunning today,  even on a Harvey map!! Glad your foot was ok.

You driving back Sunday night? Wow fair play. I will be resting my sorry ar*e in the Lakes for an extra day. The last OMM was the last time I was on a plane as I flew back from Glasgow. Quite  a few competitors on the flight which made for quite an atmosphere....or rather, smell!!!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...