UKC

The Ultra to beat all Ultras.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gone for good 21 Jun 2019

I think I might have to give this a miss! It looks and sounds impossible, but.......

Sri Chinmoy Self-Transcendence: The 3,100-mile race around a New York block - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/48702452

More-On 21 Jun 2019
In reply to Gone for good:

Was reading that too...

...think I'll stick to my 50 milers thank you very much!

Tom Last 21 Jun 2019

There’s a whole episode of The Outside Podcast about that.

Sounded absolutely awful. 

RX-78 21 Jun 2019

Knew a guy who did these type of races, 24 hour race around a track or loops in industrial estates. Mad.

Neil Williams 22 Jun 2019
In reply to RX-78:

Crikey, I find multi-lap Parkruns demoralising enough.

Stuff like Lakes in a Day is a lovely day in the hills as well as being hard, I have the ultimate respect for people who do these events that are really hard (or stupid like this one ) but don't have other redeeming features.

Moley 22 Jun 2019

I can only view it as a waste of two months of their lives, of all the places in the world one could run, walk, see or enjoy, this seems rather pointless. In my opinion.

But it is their lives and their choice and I hope they find some fullfilment from it. Best of luck to them.

PPP 30 Jun 2019
In reply to Moley:

> I can only view it as a waste of two months of their lives

You could argue that training is just as wasteful. I am averaging 30~40 mpw on road just now and it's a challenge to get entertained by the same routes. 

mountainbagger 30 Jun 2019
In reply to PPP:

> You could argue that training is just as wasteful. I am averaging 30~40 mpw on road just now and it's a challenge to get entertained by the same routes. 

I'm injured (have been for a few months). Right now, I'd love to plod about on road for 30~40 mpw on the same routes, so actually I'm jealous. It's not just about great scenery... I've lost my meditation time, mindfulness or whatever you call it. Though when I can run again I must admit I'll be picking a trail race as something to aim for not the ultra to beat all ultras!

Post edited at 23:17

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...