UKC

UKC Strava club

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BusyLizzie 03 Jan 2021

Greetings and a happy new year to all! Thank you for all the encouragement this last year, it has made a big difference; may 2021 bring you sunshine, strength, and lovely runs in the hills.

Lizzie

Ridge 03 Jan 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

You too Lizzie!

mbh 03 Jan 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Thanks Lizzie and all the best, UKC runners. I really enjoy following you.

Here's hoping I manage better than last year where the balance was seven months on, five off.

airborne 03 Jan 2021
In reply to mbh:

Yeah similar, completely unable to run at present due to plantar fasciitis, been forced to wobble about on the bike instead. Total pain in the ****

yorkshireman 03 Jan 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Thanks, wishing you a happy 2021.

FWIW, 2020 was my worst running season in years - a lot happened and I found motivation hard but the miles I did put in were in part motivated from seeing some of the efforts put in by people on this forum, and the encouragement and comments on Strava.

Feeling much more optimistic about 2021 and hoping that having an easy year will help get me out of a plateau. That said, I'm going to keep all my race goals local as it's probably not the year to be making any travel plans.

stuartf 03 Jan 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Yes, thanks to everyone. It's always fun to see what other people are doing and helps with the motivation to get out sometimes. I like seeing pictures of what people are doing too, although last year the mountains have made me a bit jealous!

Still thinking about a suitable goal for this year. Probably best to keep it something local.

Sealwife 03 Jan 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

There’s a UKC Strava club?

jezzah 03 Jan 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Woop woop just found the club on Strava, hurrah!

Cheers

Jeremy

Sealwife 03 Jan 2021
In reply to Ridge:

Thanks - have joined in

nniff 04 Jan 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

There's a non-running-specific one too  https://www.strava.com/clubs/12445

In reply to BusyLizzie:

Yeah, me too. I was doing really well until a hip niggle turned into something more serious.   Great to have the encouragement and will keep lurking in the background. 

My first run post injury was yesterday so it will be a slow and gentle build up again.

If you want to follow me directly, as some already do - Richard Morris

xbraddersx 05 Jan 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Oh nice! I’ve joined! I’m probably now more a runner than a climber but I still log on to UKC every couple of days or so.

I managed 2500 miles last year - lack of a 3 hour commute was pretty useful. Aims this year are sub-40 10k and maybe a marathon?! 

Lacking motivation already though with the freezing cold and lack of running club...

Lhod 06 Jan 2021
In reply to xbraddersx:

> Oh nice! I’ve joined! I’m probably now more a runner than a climber but I still log on to UKC every couple of days or so.

> I managed 2500 miles last year - lack of a 3 hour commute was pretty useful. Aims this year are sub-40 10k and maybe a marathon?! 

> Lacking motivation already though with the freezing cold and lack of running club...

I'm most impressed that you managed to rack up 2500 miles without running a marathon! 

elliot.baker 06 Jan 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

I've just joined as well, thanks for the heads up!

xbraddersx 06 Jan 2021
In reply to Lhod:

Trained for Manchester originally and it was cancelled just as I was about to taper...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...