UKC

Walking the Bob Graham

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 26 Nov 2018

I know Billy Bland "walked" the BG is about 22 hours, but that is not what I am on about.

My wife was talking to Carol Morgan and one or two other people the other day and it has made her think a bit more seriously about doing the BG.

I've run leg one and criss-crossed over lots of sections of the rest of the route, but don't know it all as a continuous route. Mrs B is less familiar than me.

I've heard walking it in a few days can be harder logistically than running it, but feel like it would be a good way of learning the route. We would definitely look to support others as part of training and we know at least two people who are attempting in 2019.

Anyone done it? Any thoughts on logistics? 

DaveHK 26 Nov 2018
In reply to The New NickB:

2 or 3 days either camping mountain marathon super lightweight style or staying in b&bs etc would be very little trouble logistically.

Edit, camping would let you split it up better.

Post edited at 20:26
 Jack 26 Nov 2018

Do it over two days lightweight: Pitch a tent in wasdale (or langdale for a shorter first day). Drive to keswick, set off on the round and camp in your tent, stashed with what you need for day two. Next day, continue on to keswick then drive back to pick up your tent.

DaveHK 26 Nov 2018
In reply to Jack:

That's a good shout.

DJayB 26 Nov 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

I know a few people interested for 2019 as well. 

Always good to meet some new people and I'm sure they would be interested in the help.

DaveHK 26 Nov 2018

> feel like it would be a good way of learning the route. We would definitely look to support others as part of training and we know at least two people who are attempting in 2019.

Walking the route would be good prep and good familiarisation but tbh in good vis there aren't many places to go wrong. It's so popular that there are good trods at most if not all of the difficult spots particularly by later in the season.

Post edited at 21:56
OP The New NickB 26 Nov 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

Thanks

Shortshorts 26 Nov 2018

I did this last weekend since it's a bit of a trek for me to just recce single legs .  I did it over a day and a half (camped in wasdale), but this time of year it's probably better over two and a half days so you can see it all in daylight.  

You've also got Great Lingy Hut and Dubs Hut not far from the route. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...