UKC

what GPS watch should I buy?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Amroly-Poly 05 May 2020

Does anyone know of a watch a gps watch (thats good for doing intervals) that i can download podcast music etc to listen to, and strava compatibility for good measure 

JuneBob 05 May 2020
In reply to Amroly-Poly:

The high end Garmin watches do all this. If you are a spotify paying member you can upload your spotify playlists to the watch. Garmin exports directly to strava. Also the watch can notify you of upcoming segments.

The only downsides I've found to the Garmin watches are:

• Complicated and tedious to configure, especially when you can only use the 4 buttons.
  • Not the best battery life
 veteye 05 May 2020
In reply to JuneBob:

Sadly my simple Timex Iron Man watch is getting very hard to get the buttons to work. They are getting grimed up, I suppose. I just use it for a watch (sic), and a stop watch, to tell me how long I have been on a run, or bike ride.

When I'm in the hills, up to now I have relied on my own abilities with map and compass, especially when I'm on my own on my Munro bashing trips in December/January in bad weather. It keeps navigating skills honed. Nevertheless, I have been wondering about getting a GPS. I had wondered about the Tissot watches, but then realised possibly I was better having a separate GPS device, but then find them a little clunky, and the graphics are way-behind smart phones. So I've been wondering about watch or GPS device? The gradual decline of my watch may mean that I get a GPS watch. So Tissot, which is smarter, but possibly less of use in other ways such as the Garmin. The problem with the likes of Garmin and Casio are the watches are thick/bulky, and probably last less long than the Tissot's, but do the latter do the stop watch function very well(?).

Sorry I'm not trying to hijack the thread AP.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...