UKC

Which style of headphones for running?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Question for those who run listening to music. Which style suit you the best...in ear buds? the ones with a plastic hook that wraps over the ear? or proper old school headphones (maybe best option in freezing weather ?

I have used in ear buds , but when I get hot and sweaty, they tend to slip out (although i threw away the other size rubber buds that came with them new...maybe a bigger size would be better fit). Need a new pair and am wondering if the hook over style would be better?
 Ava Adore 15 Feb 2013
In reply to Game of Conkers:

I use the in-ear buds but then I often have my ears covered - either by a hat in the winter or a headband when it's warmer (to keep my hair out of my face).

I'm wishing they would invent tiny little ear buds that sit in the ear with no wires.
In reply to Game of Conkers:

None!

When on road I want to hear when the b****rs are going to run me over. When off road I want to hear things like birds etc.

ALC
 jamesc88 15 Feb 2013
In reply to a lakeland climber:
> None!

+1

Moley 16 Feb 2013
In reply to a lakeland climber:
> (In reply to Game of Conkers)
>
> None!
>
> When on road I want to hear when the b****rs are going to run me over. When off road I want to hear things like birds etc.
>
> ALC

Agreed, why on earth wear headphones whilst running in the countryside? Baffles me, I don't run on roads so that doesn't apply.
 Trangia 16 Feb 2013
In reply to Bjartur í Sumarhús:

None! I like to hear the birds and sounds of nature - there was a Blackbird singing this evening.
 JamButty 17 Feb 2013
In reply to Bjartur í Sumarhús: I use the little uns that seem to fit fine.

As long as the sound isn't too high you can still hear the birdies - A big fat buzzard in a tree drowned out Iron Maiden today!
 radson 17 Feb 2013
In reply to Bjartur í Sumarhús:

I use a seinheiser/adidas thing that wraps around the back of my head. I find the insert ones always seem to fall out eventually. A remote comtrol is handy too to skip the occasional song that just isnt doing it for you.
 martinph78 17 Feb 2013
In reply to Bjartur í Sumarhús: I like my philips/nike headband earphones (over the head type) had them two years now and they're great. Don't move or fall out and are comfortable I think.

I wear galsses so over the ear/hang-on's don't work for me.

Music is a great motivator for me when running around the town. Better than listening to cars revving around and kids shouting insults at me!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...