UKC

Winter Fan Dance 2018

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
gazonk 01 Jan 2018
Anyone else doing the Fan Dance this weekend?

I am racing on the 7th Saturday (load bearing), but will pop over the to Storey Arms on the 7th.
 Wonrek 03 Jan 2018
In reply to gazonk:

I'm not, but it's one I've fancied for a few years now. What are the conditions now and forecast? Are you going to have an exciting time of it?!
 Welsh Kate 03 Jan 2018
In reply to Wonrek:

Last week's big dump of snow has been almost entirely washed out by torrential rain over the last few days. There may be a few snow showers at the back end of this week, and the forecast for the weekend is cold and drier. Everything's sodden and muddy
 Wonrek 03 Jan 2018
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Oooh sounds like a fun day out then! I do love a good winter race. Hoping snows return next weekend.......in the Pennines
 Welsh Kate 03 Jan 2018
In reply to Wonrek:

The Pennines? You doing the Spine?
gazonk 05 Jan 2018
In reply to Wonrek:

Light snow is forecasted for the night before and day of the event, but currently its been washed off by rain so snow free. There are some fierce gales up there though.
 timjones 05 Jan 2018
In reply to gazonk:

> Anyone else doing the Fan Dance this weekend?

> I am racing on the 7th Saturday (load bearing), but will pop over the to Storey Arms on the 7th.

I'm doing the Woodhouse edition on the 6th followed by the High Moon that evening and staying at The Storey Arms tonight and tomorrow night.

Just to make things a bit tougher I'm supposed to be driving up to Scotland on Monday for 2 days of climbing

Wonrek 08 Jan 2018
In reply to gazonk:

How did you get on then? Saw lots of photos from the Beacons (not from the event) and it looked positivly Narnia like!
 Wonrek 08 Jan 2018
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Number 219
 d_b 08 Jan 2018
In reply to Wonrek:

I was up there (not doing the fan dance but we saw lots of them) and can report it was cold and v windy.
 Welsh Kate 08 Jan 2018
In reply to Wonrek:

Excellent, I'll keep an eye on your pin! I have a friend doing the MRT Challenger so I'll be following the race anyway. Best of luck!
gazonk 09 Jan 2018

It was harsh weather (apparently the coldest event) and there was a lot of ice coming down jacobs ladder.

I got back in the four hour range which was better then I expected. Quite a number of injuries and I saw a lot of people slipping over and taking falls.
Post edited at 12:43

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...