UKC

Aviemore info for my brother...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 13 Feb 2017
My brother has just decided that he wants to try skiing, so he's booked flight and car hire for this weekend - he has Saturday to Monday as full days.

He would like to know what are the best places for cheap accommodation and how to go about choosing a ski school.

Any thoughts most welcome, ta.
 Mooncat 13 Feb 2017
In reply to Tony the Blade:

I always stay at the Ravenscraig B&B, not dead cheap but about £80 per night for a double. Glenmore Lodge is reasonable from memory when they've got space.
There's a ski hire/school at the side of Loch Morlich, don't know the name of it sorry, they seem to have a decent reputation.
In reply to Mooncat:

> I There's a ski hire/school at the side of Loch Morlich, don't know the name of it sorry, they seem to have a decent reputation.

Thanks for the reply, I think he's sorted for accommodation (I've tried to get him a bunk in Rothiemurche Lodge, a cracking MoD facility).

Do you mean the school with a dry slope? I used that one and it was cheap... there was a reason for that haha

Thanks again, Tony
 Mooncat 14 Feb 2017

No it's a ski and bike hire place further toward the ski car park they have a small cafe as well.
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Oh crikey, that looks warm and wet! www.windyty.com shows a similar outlook.
 Dark-Cloud 14 Feb 2017

> My brother has just decided that he wants to try skiing, so he's booked flight and car hire for this weekend - he has Saturday to Monday as full days.He would like to know what are the best places for cheap accommodation and how to go about choosing a ski school.Any thoughts most welcome, ta.

Wow, he has a lot of faith, he would have been better booking a flight to Geneva and driving to Chamonix !

I presume the post above is meaning this hire place, just on the right before the Glenmore campsite

http://www.aviemoreski.co.uk/glenmore-shop/
In reply to Mooncat:

Ah yes, I know the one. Thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...