UKC

Book a ski holiday or wait for a deal?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 doris 26 Jan 2022

Planning a trip at the beginning of March. What are folks thoughts, book now or wait for a deal? Just concerned that if covid worries possibly ease people may be more inclined to book a trip leaving slim pickings later in the season. We are thinking Italy or France and a resort suited to beginner & intermediate level. 

Cheers 

rsc 26 Jan 2022
In reply to doris:

I was booked to go to Tignes last week. Cancelled, obviously, but we were offered the chance to rebook. We found the accommodation options for early March quite limited. You may be lucky and get a late bargain…

In reply to doris:

Pull the trigger and get a deal with a good cancellation policy.  A package trip may be the way ahead as they would deal with any admin, cancellations, etc.  Having said that all of my trips are DIY.  Gives you something to look forward to.  Not sure regarding the travel requirements for France (Alpe D Huez) or Italy (Sella Ronda ⛷👌) but Austria ( Saalbach / Hinterglemm ⛷👌) seems to be booking up fairly quickly with no requirement for a PCR anymore.

Andy.

Hooo 28 Jan 2022
In reply to doris:

I'd book a package deal with a cancellation policy, I wouldn't go DIY right now. I'm off to 3 vallees tomorrow. Booked as a package with full cancellation, so 3 weeks ago it was looking like trip cancelled for a full refund, but a week later it was back on. On the other hand I've booked two trips over the last year but traveling independently. I lost a chunk of the money and have some vouchers that I'm still trying to use. 

As to whether you should book now or wait for a deal, that was always a gamble. Booking last minute has worked well for me in the past, but it's a different world now. I'd be inclined to think a lot of people will want to be getting out there after a 2 year layoff.

Postmanpat 29 Jan 2022
In reply to doris:

Ski travel companies are reporting their phones ringing off the hook since French restrictions were relaxed, and many of them have reduced the scope of their offerings this year after the debacle of the last two years. There is a lot of pent up demand from frustrated skiers.

On this basis I suspect you'd be lucky to get much in the way of cheap deals later in the season.

Babika 29 Jan 2022
In reply to Postmanpat:

Agree with this. 

Grab something now unless you are happy with literally anything! Late deals won't be cheap

JohnnyMac 29 Jan 2022
In reply to doris:

Book now, it’s very busy, in France thé first week of March (ending 6th March is still February school hols for the French in zone c which includes Paris.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...