UKC

Feb day touring trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Womble 15 Nov 2018

I’m keen on a weeks day touring trip in Feb but none of my climbing friends ski tour. Anyone interested. Thinking somewhere like Bivio or the  queyras. Never planned anything like this before so happy to take advice. Any takers? 

J Whittaker 16 Nov 2018
In reply to Womble:

Not fancy multi day hut-hut?

Doug 16 Nov 2018
In reply to Womble:

Will you have a car ? Not many places where there's a week's worth of tours all starting from the same place. I've often toured in the Queyras at that time of year, often based in Molines or St Veran but have used a car to get to a variety of starting points, same in that valley but also elsewhere but never more than 30 minutes drive

Jake1 16 Nov 2018
In reply to Womble:

Hi,

I couldn’t do a week but am currently living in Italy not too far from Bivio if you wanted to do arrange a weekend or a few days midweek. Have car.

Jake

OP Womble 17 Nov 2018
In reply to J Whittaker:

I would definitely be up for hut to hut! but not sure whether that is feasible in Feb with others likely to join!?

OP Womble 17 Nov 2018
In reply to Doug:

Yes I would be getting a car. Might be base St Véran depending on input from others 

OP Womble 17 Nov 2018
In reply to Jake1:

Messages you on your chat

J Whittaker 17 Nov 2018
In reply to Womble:

I guess it depends when in Feb and snow conditions. I'll be looking to do a trip late Feb/early March or late March/early April.

OP Womble 28 Nov 2018
In reply to Womble:

Update to those interested. Location & format of trip is now more focussed. 

Gressoney in the Aosta Valley. Day touring with lift assistance where needed.

lovely Italian resort by the looks of things with fantastic off piste skiing. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...