UKC

Innsbruck Skiing Nov/Dec

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sutty22 24 Oct 2017
I'm looking to get an early season jaunt skiing and am considering Innsbruck at the end of November, beginning of December.

Am I only likely to get skiing on the Stubai Glacier at that time of year, and how accessible is it from Innsbruck itself?

My wife is not a skier but loves cities so I figured I can get away early, get some turns in and get back to her late afternoon while she explores through the day.

Anyone done anything similar around here, any tips or recommendations?

Thanks, Chris
 ewen75 26 Oct 2017
In reply to Sutty22:

The Stubai region isn't far way from Innsbruck, approximately 50 Kilometer. But the street leading towards Sölden is heavily frequented in the morning and evening, seeing people travel from all over. Under normal circumstances it would take you 50 minutes, but it could extend dramatically, especially at the weekend. At least you wouldn't face that situation leaving in the afternoon.
Good luck
Ewen
 Nemo9 26 Oct 2017
In reply to Sutty22:

Hi Chris, sounds a great idea. There is a regular bus service from the train station to the glacier https://www.stubaier-gletscher.com/en/ski-area/location-parking/travel-by-b... . I think there is also a dedicated ski bus that picks up from the main hotels in Innsbruck. The city itself is really nice. Plenty to keep a non skier occupied.
Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...