UKC

La sportiva ski boot sizing ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 26 May 2022

Does anybody have la sportiva ski boots ? If so how does the mondo size compare with your shoe size ? ( I know they are different things but as a rough guide ? There website suggests mondo 28 equates to a uk 9 . I know I should follow my own advice and have them correctly fitted but a very tempting bargain presents itself . 

daviemore 26 May 2022
In reply to mike123:

I have a pair of the original Spectres in size 28. I take around a size 10. They are fine lengthwise but too tight across the forefoot. I believe this was a common complaint and the forefoot was modified in the later version.

So possibly equivalent to a 9.5/10 rather than a 9.

HeMa 26 May 2022
In reply to mike123:

They are pretty true to their size. Like about all skiboots.

Check your mondo size (see online instructions) and then pick the correct size.

people don’t really size their street shoes the same way. Where as skiboots are sized almost always the same. And that is based on your feets actual Measurements. 

SteveJC94 26 May 2022
In reply to mike123:

I'd put a mondopoint 28 anywhere between a 9 and a 10 but size really is the least important factor in a boot as you can easily go up or down a size to accommodate length. What matters above all else is the shape, particulary the height of the instep relative to your foot as that part of the boot can't be stretched.  From memory the Spectre has a low volume and relatively narrow fit. 

If you've got a relatively normal shaped foot you can probably fit into most boots but they won't be perfect (too wide, causing movement; too narrow, causing pain; too low on the instep, causing numbness etc). My advice, see a decent boot fitter and get the boot that works best for you, with a well made custom footbed. The cheapest I've ever seen a touring boot is £250 off retail - given that most boots will last 5-10 seasons depending on use, is the £25-£50 a year saving really worth it to buy something that at best could limit your skiing and at worst could cause you pain and end up being discarded after their first weeks use? 

When I worked as a ski tech we had a steady stream of customers who'd bought boots online because they were cheap or liked the colour, skied on them for a week and crippled their feet. In the end they had to buy new boots in store and ended up out of pocket. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...