UKC

Large supermarket in Bergen?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JFT 07 Mar 2022

Hello! Next week we set off to cross the Hardangervidda and are flying into Bergen before getting the train to Finse to start the trip.

Looking on Google Maps all the supermarkets within (reasonable) walking distance of the train station look like convenience type places so wondered if anyone here would know of a decent-sized one where we can buy a frying pan and 7 days' worth of lunches/snacks?

Thanks in advance! 

Andy Manthorpe 08 Mar 2022
In reply to JFT:

Looking at Google maps there are plenty of supermarkets in Bergen. I can't recall if we used any of them. I suspect you will find everything you want without much trouble. There was also a market near the harbour adjacent to Strandkaien.

If you've got a little time to spare, the old warf and buildings around Bryggen are worth a look.

Hope you have a good trip. Andy

Mike-W-99 08 Mar 2022
In reply to JFT:

Not been to Bergen but from memory Rema 1000 is the ‘budget’ Norwegian supermarket.
Be prepared for a shock if you’ve not been before! You get routed through duty free on the way out of Oslo airport for a reason.

wbo2 08 Mar 2022
In reply to JFT:  I don't think Norway is very much more expensive for most things than the UK now.  If you're after a frying pan as well try a CoOp Obs... the smaller ones won't have one.  I'm trying to think of one near the airport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...