UKC

Lessons Les Alpes d'Huez

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Cazt 31 Dec 2018

I'd be grateful for advice about skiing and snowboarding lessons in Les Alpes d'Huez.  Four of us will be going on 12th Jan for a week, two as skiers and two as snowboarders.  All of us have had indoor beginner lessons but have never been let loose on real slopes.  Ideally, we'd like to have two or three lessons at the beginning of the week to familiarise ourselves with the slopes most suitable to our abilities, and the ski lifts, then be left to our own devices for the rest of the week.  We'll be hiring equipment - skis, boots, helmets and snowboards.  We have noted that it is best to book lessons ahead of going as it can be more expensive to wait until you are there as a captive audience.  If anyone can advise on ski schools in the area or the best way to proceed in the circumstances, I'd much appreciate it.

Arcturus 31 Dec 2018
In reply to Cazt: Masterclass gets good reviews. Was run, and maybe still is, by Stuart  Adamson. He also teams up with other local instructors. You'll get proper technique explained in some very effective ways. He did wonders for my mogul skiing; some years ago now and he was 61 years old then! 

If you can afford private lessons, even if only a few, imao they are much more productive than group ski school. 

There is also an instructor based in Vaujany just over the hill from ADH called Christelle. She will gladly meet you in ADH. I can't remember her surname but the last number I have for her is +33 6 83 14 05 74. Her English is excellent.

ADH is a great beginner resort, loads of big wide easy angled slopes, some free lifts and you can get up to the glacier. The views up there are fantastic. The runs on the glacier (which is crevasse free) are blues (and black) so may give you a challenge depending on how quickly you make progress but it's worth the trip up there on a sunny day just for the views (assuming the lift pass option you decide to buy will get you there). 

We learned to ski there, our kids and grand kids all learned to ski there. When we visit we always stay in Vaujany. The area has many happy memories for us. Hope you have a good time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...