UKC

Multi resort reccomendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Seocan 14 Jan 2017
A few years back i was lucky enough to be working in Denver at the same time as my wife was attending a conference in San Fransisco. It was the ideal opportunity for some US piste skiing so after our 'duties' were completed, we hired a vehicle in Denver and holed up in Frisco for ten days and skied a different resort every day.

It was a great holiday.

Whats the best place to do that in Europe (apart from Perth, obviously). I was thinking Innsbruck.

Any other good suggestions?
 Frank4short 14 Jan 2017
In reply to Seocan:

Moutiers or Bourg Saint Maurice would be the obvious suggestions with access to the 3 valleys, paradiski and Espace Killy amongst others.
OP Seocan 14 Jan 2017
In reply to Frank4short:

I just had a qiuick google at Moutiers, looks good.
Have you been? what would you expect the drive to be, about 30 mins - 1hr or 3 hours because the traffic is murder, to those resorts, and if you did, is parking a dawdle or nightmare?
I know its all dependant but just generally speaking

Planning a holiday with young kids you proabably aren't up to anything more than a couple hours outside at a time

cheers
 Frank4short 14 Jan 2017
In reply to Seocan:

I've not stayed in either but i've stayed in most of the main resorts they link to. I'd expect between 20/30 mins and about an hour at most up the hill. Bourg Saint Maurice even has a lift up from down town up to Les Arcs.
 orejas 14 Jan 2017
In reply to Seocan:

Dolomites. No need to even drive. You can pick up buses linking the resorts and get it done with one forfeit, so a lot cheaper. If you can be bothered to carry your stuff you can stay in various refuges (Averau for example) and ski down in the morning with the whole piste for you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...