UKC

Never wax your skis again!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JuneBob 02 Nov 2017
This should be of interest to some.

DPS has developed a new base coating that is used instead of wax, which gives similar performance and lasts the lifetime of your skis.

It's just come out on kickstarter; a search for DPS Phantom should get you the info you need.
 Dark-Cloud 02 Nov 2017
In reply to JuneBob:
Why on earth would DPS who charge twice the price for a comparable skit to other brands need to kickstarter anything ? Cheap marketing perhaps ?

Sounds good though....
Post edited at 12:33
 La benya 02 Nov 2017
In reply to JuneBob:
$100 is expensive regardless of what they claim to be value over the lifetime.

I'm also sceptical that they don't mention different base materials at all... surely if there is chemistry going on them whatever it is applied to while have an affect on the effect?

it also suggest that wax stays on the surface of boards/ skis which is contrary to what i've been told.
Post edited at 12:59
 top cat 02 Nov 2017
In reply to JuneBob:

I really enjoy waxing my skis.........
 rogersavery 02 Nov 2017
In reply to JuneBob:

Interesting....

But sounds like snake oil to me
 eltankos 02 Nov 2017
In reply to JuneBob:

Theres a company up here doing a similar product (although they reckon you'll have to retreat the skis/ board each year)
https://www.snocoat.com/
OP JuneBob 03 Nov 2017
In reply to top cat:

You can still wax them as it isn't always as good as regular wax
OP JuneBob 03 Nov 2017
In reply to rogersavery:

Yeah, I wondered if November 1st was some sort of April 1st, but it seems legit.
 Dax H 03 Nov 2017
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

> Why on earth would DPS who charge twice the price for a comparable skit to other brands need to kickstarter anything ? Cheap marketing perhaps ?

> Sounds good though....

Why would they chance their own money developing it when other people will give them some?
 gethin_allen 03 Nov 2017
In reply to Dax H:

> Why would they chance their own money developing it when other people will give them some?

More and more this appears to be the case. Big companies using crowd funding so they can play about with other people's money.
 HeMa 03 Nov 2017
In reply to gethin_allen:

Well, to be honest DPS isn't actually a *big* company per se...

But yes, I've seen some real big companies jump on the crowd-sourcing bandwagon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...