UKC

Photos of Gully skiing from last Sunday?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chad123 08 Mar 2012
I had a brilliant day on the Ben on Sunday skiing three of the gullies (apologies if I knocked any snow down onto you in the process), conditions were perfect with some lovely snow and small(ish) cornices. Have some reasonable photos but alas because I skied alone I have no action shots, if anyone by any chance took a picture or two I'd love to have them? I think the party of three in No2 Gully might have some?
 Blinder 08 Mar 2012
In reply to Chad123: Maybe you should get some mates or stop being so vain.
 Ben Briggs 08 Mar 2012
In reply to Blinder: Bit harsh! Its nice to have some photos to remind you of the day.
 Scomuir 08 Mar 2012
In reply to Ben Briggs:
Was a bit harsh, especially as it took him 2 attempts to construct his insult!
 ChrisJD 08 Mar 2012
In reply to Blinder:

There really is no need for this.
 beardy mike 08 Mar 2012
In reply to Scomuir: I would even say it's a bit mild to say he's being a bit harsh. I'd say he's being a tool...
 John Ww 08 Mar 2012
In reply to Blinder:

Maybe you should think before you post, you prick.

(There now, how do you like it?)
 Joe G 08 Mar 2012
In reply to Chad123:
I'm glad someone made good use of the fresh powder, I climbed no 3 gully on Sunday and wished I'd brought my skis!
 n-stacey 08 Mar 2012
In reply to John Ww: Lol, quality!!!
 sgl 08 Mar 2012
In reply to Blinder: If you knew the original poster (I do) then this would raise a smile... especially the second part.
OP Chad123 08 Mar 2012
In reply to Chad123:

Bad Lovers! How did I know you'd show up on here bad mouthing me! Thanks for jumping to my defence everyone else but I'm not at all bothered by silly armchair comments, I had a great day and was just looking for some photos for memories. Amusing how many comments these things generate, this is almost on a par with the Dreadnought thread a few years back......
 IMA 08 Mar 2012
In reply to Chad123: Not been up the ben for 8 years in winter, but how hard is No2 gully to ski?
Wiley Coyote2 08 Mar 2012
In reply to Chad123:

Skiing down a climbing up gully?? I feel a whole new dry tooling style bloodbath coming on. Hang on while I get a brew and make myself comfy.
OP Chad123 09 Mar 2012
In reply to Chad123: No2 Gully was in exceptional nick last weekend, ie no ice due to the thaw and tons of fresh powder which had blown into it, so apart from the cornice which I opted not to ski (but you could have if keen) the rest was great, side slip the narrows, then lovely jump turns in the wider section then a perfect open steep slope below that. I don't think you'd get it like this very often though, I think 3 and 4 are much more likely to be in skiing nick. No 3 had a huge cornice so gave it a miss and no 4 was busy and hacked up snow. No5 similarly is a bit narrow in places but was holding excellent snow most of the way down. Tower was the best of the bunch as scenic and plenty of room to turn all the way down. Probably the most serious though as the entrance is pretty exposed as is the traverse above tower scoop. I thought it was all pretty sociable actually, had great chats with everyone I met - favourite two quotes were "I prefer blue pistes" and "Lucky we're here to pick you up at the bottom" IF you like sklking steep, scenic stuff and have the mountaineering and skiing experience to keep it safe I can't think of a finer way to spend the day....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...