UKC

Plum brake

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ffati 29 Nov 2016
Have searched the forums but not got anything worthwhile, does anyone know where I can get some brakes for a pair of plum guides, or a good bodge set up or failing that a good pair of leashes

Cheer
craigloon 29 Nov 2016
In reply to ffati:

Frankly, I wouldn't bother. I got a pair 3 seasons ago when the brakes first came out and returned them for a refund almost immediately. they failed to engage properly and I really didn't like the way the prongs faced the wrong way (forward).

Now use Dynafit guide leashes (Google and ye shall find).
OP ffati 29 Nov 2016
In reply to craigloon:

Yeah didn't fancy thise forward pointing brakes seem wrong on all angles! Have seen some nifty aftermarket brakes but I can't remember where.

Dynafit leashes look good better than the plum ones
craigloon 29 Nov 2016
In reply to ffati:

Was it the Kreuzspitze brakes? They fit into the crampon slot.

http://www.kreuzspitze-shop.com/index.php?nocache=yes&locale=225&cu...

Not sure about the burkini outfit in the other picture though
 Dave 29 Nov 2016
In reply to craigloon:

I have the Kreuzspitze brakes. They work OK but would be better if they had slightly longer arms, and perhaps stronger springs. The attachment system is very good and they are light.
OP ffati 29 Nov 2016
In reply to Dave:
If they slot into the crampon spot do you need to take them out to use crampons?

Post edited at 22:02
 HammondR 29 Nov 2016
In reply to ffati:
If you go for leashes, to my knowledge the best ones are B and D. If you use them while touring, you need never unfasten them on a day out. They are on a coiled cord which allows you to leave the leashes attached whilst putting on / taking off skins, and any amount of other faffing.

They are safer than standard leashes in areas of particular avalanche risk as they come with 2 levels of "fuse" which will break at the selected pressure (minimising the risk of being dragged under with skis acting as an anchor in the unfortunate event of an avalanche).

The only uk distributor I know of is Jon Coster at the Piste Office at Lambley.

Dave 30 Nov 2016
In reply to ffati:

> If they slot into the crampon spot do you need to take them out to use crampons?

Yes. I only really use the brakes when I'm doing more lift stuff. Otherwise I leave them at home and use leashes so it hasn't been an issue. They only take a second to remove anyway.
craigloon 30 Nov 2016
In reply to HammondR:

I used the B and D leashes for about 4 years before I got the Dynafit Guide leashes. Yes, you can keep the B and D leashes on during transitions, but most of the time that isn't necessary. They eventually stretched and started to tangle, which is why I replaced them. Slightly more faffy than the Dynafits in my opinion.
 HammondR 30 Nov 2016
In reply to craigloon:
Hmm, mine are still new. I am forewarned about their impending sagginess.

craigloon 30 Nov 2016
In reply to Dave:

Have you got the Kreuzspitze bindings as well? If so, how do they compare to Dynafit or ATK?
dazed_mouse 05 Dec 2016
In reply to ffati:

Hello,

So the new plum bindings (last season and this) have normal, backwards facing brakes which is great (link below). As I have the older, brakeless model, I emailed them last year to see if I could just buy the brake separately -as it looks just a modified version of the normal heel binding plate. However, according to them (I have copied the email below) it is apparently not a direct swap, but if I sent them 114 euros and my current heel plates, they could do the mod for me. I have not yet taken them up on the offe, but it could be a solution for you.

Best, Nick

http://www.fixation-plum.com/nos-fixations-guide/3100-guide-m-stopper.html

Copy of email:

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your interest,
The new stoppers couldn't be mount so simply on your binding.
We don't sell this product separatly.
The only way is to send back your pair of heel piece to the factory with a 114€ bank cheque to Felisaz SAS.
We will make the modification directly and only in our factory.
Then, we will ship back the updated product to your adress.

Thanks

Cordialement/Regards

Gaël ARMAND

OP ffati 05 Dec 2016
In reply to dazed_mouse:

That's the perfect solution i didn't even know that they had started doing bindings with a brake think I will have to email them and get more info.

Thanks for the heads up and info
 damowilk 06 Dec 2016
In reply to craigloon:

I've got Kreuzspitze GTs, they seem pretty great for the weight: I went with them as they were light, but still had adjustable lateral and longitudinal release settings.
I've not had a decent fall in them, and ideally don't intend to, but no pre-release issues.

I'm afraid I can't compare to ATK or lighter Dynafit options like the TLT super light 2.
craigloon 15 Dec 2016
In reply to damowilk:

Thanks, and sorry for the late reply, only just saw this!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...