UKC

Recommend a good touring boot fitter near London please?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Slarti B 04 Jan 2018

I am considering buying some ski touring boots. I have short, wide feet with bumps so would like to find a shop with a good boot fitter and a decent range of touring boots.
I am based in London but happy to travel a couple of hours if necessary. Can anyone recommend a suitable shop?
Post edited at 19:28
 David Bennett 04 Jan 2018
In reply to Slarti B:
You could do much worse than Ski Bartlett. They know their stuff and will spend as long as required to get a good fit
 sharpie530 04 Jan 2018
In reply to Slarti B:

I'll second Ski Bartlett. Spot on fitting last year and good advice. Make sure you book a fitting off though!
 london_huddy 04 Jan 2018
In reply to sharpie530:

And a third vote. Both my wife and I have had boots from there and their workshop saved a pair of skis after others had butchered the drilling: highly recommended.

They have instituted a booking fee for fittings appointments though - £50 up front - but you get this knocked off boots if/when you buy.
OP Slarti B 04 Jan 2018
In reply to Slarti B:

Wow, sounds like Bartlett is the place to go, are you all on commission?

I had not heard of them before but they certainly have a good selection on their web site. I will give them a call to book an appointment.

Thanks for your help
caver 04 Jan 2018
In reply to Slarti B:

Profeet are worth considering. http://www.profeet.co.uk/ski-boot-range
James Jackson 05 Jan 2018
In reply to Slarti B:
I can vouch for them too! Have had two pairs from them and both have been spot-on.

They also let my dog in during fittings, fed him water and me coffee!
Post edited at 07:18
OP Slarti B 05 Jan 2018
In reply to Slarti B:

Have booked fitting at Bartletts since they have a really good selection of touring boots and tehy were very helpful on phone. Profeet seemed more limited.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...