UKC

Repair/refit bindings advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Crusher R 22 Jan 2013
Ive a pair of blades that had dh bindings on, these were removed, and I fitted my silvretters, i filled the old holes with araldite. Problem is the heel on one is slightly out, so I need to move it back about 2 or 3mm. Is there any 'proper' way of filling the holes, as i am obviously going to hve to redrill into part of the filled bit.
Or just gets some new blades?
Ta
 Philip M 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Paul R:

First problem is that you have snowblades....

To answer your second problem - yes, it can be fixed but it depends on how you interpret 'proper'. Your local ski shop should be able to drill a new pilot hole and then install a helicoil.

Alternative method is to fill old hole with slow set epoxy / fiberglass mix (loft insulation should work fine), let it set, then drill new hole. This method is not recommended but should work if the epoxy / fiberglass sticks sufficently.)

Finally, have you considered moving the bindings back or forward a little to avoid hole conflict?
 Gael Force 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Paul R: As above, but you need to use proper epoxy filler, this will be as strong as the ski. I use it all the time to repair boats and often drill into it and fix skis.
In reply to all: Nice one thanks. They are actually skis, i meant that by blades. Atomic r9s i remember. Moving them forward is great idea, this is what im going to do, 10mm wont make much difference at all i guess. Going to do it tonight, and ill go for the epoxy filler. Hopefully theyll be sorted for a bit of touring over the weekend.
 weejimmy 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Paul R:

To be honest i have filled old holes with flexi superglue...prob not recommended but i have had no problems two years later

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...