UKC

Scarpa Maestrale re-sole

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 01 May 2012
Disappointingly my Scarpa Maestrales are looking like they need a bit of attention. The rubber from the toe section near the TLT inserts is worn away and the plastic beneath is starting to wear. This is clearly one of the downsides of the light weight.

Where do folks suggest I get them resoled and has anyone had similar issues with Maestrales?

Cheers.
Slugain Howff 01 May 2012
In reply to DaveHK:
My clips fell off in very compromising terrain. I was not a happy customer. The shop repaired but Scarpa didn't give a shit.

S
Slugain Howff 01 May 2012
In reply to Slugain Howff:

........and met 2 other folk on the same route who had also lost clips from Scarpas. Won't buy Scarpa again despite the fact they were comfortable when intact.
OP DaveHK 01 May 2012
In reply to Slugain Howff:
> (In reply to Slugain Howff)
>
>
> ........and met 2 other folk on the same route who had also lost clips from Scarpas. Won't buy Scarpa again despite the fact they were comfortable when intact.

Fortunately I heard about this issue and checked mine.

Morgan Woods 02 May 2012
In reply to DaveHK:

maybe post a pic and could be worth asking the folks at wild snow to see if this is normal wear and tear or a known fault.

How many days of use? Purely skiing or climbing too? The (vibram??) rubber on my Radiums if a good half centimetre thick and shows hardly any wear after 3 seasons use.
 Morgan Woods 02 May 2012
In reply to DaveHK:

just to add i haven't really heard about ski boot re-soles, so this would seem a rather drastic step.
OP DaveHK 02 May 2012
In reply to Morgan Woods:
> (In reply to Dave Kerr)
>
> just to add i haven't really heard about ski boot re-soles, so this would seem a rather drastic step.

I think you're right. I'm down in Aviemore tonight so I'll pop into Mountain Spirit where I bought them and ask their advice. The boots were bought in Jan 2011 so to be so worn so quickly seems wrong.
moffatross 02 May 2012
In reply to DaveHK:

One long walk-out through Cairngorms granite cosmetically lacerated the toe and heel end soft rubber and plastics surrounding the Dynafit inserts on my Spirit 4's. I discussed this with someone last year who'd had the same experience with Garmonts & they always carries a pair of trainers when Gorms touring now.

If you feel the need to talk to someone, there's always Scarpa UK after sales ->

The Mountain Boot Compmany
Unit 5, New York Way,
New York Industrial Estate,
Wallsend,
Newcastle Upon Tyne,
Tyne & Wear, UK
NE27 0QF
t 0191 296 0212
f 0191 296 0213
www.mountainboot.co.uk
Xscream179 12 May 2012
In reply to DaveHK:

I had no end of trouble with soles disintegrating with Garmont Mega Rides. During this time I was a regular customer at Lancashire Sports Repairs. http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/ David is the main man.

I have Maestrales now and have been OK for two seasons. I do take light boots if I am going to be walking much.

XS

P.S Regards Moffat Ross

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...