UKC

scottish skiing ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 03 Apr 2019

Ever the optimist . Currently snow down low in the lakes but probably not enough . Anybody been out in Scotland ? Touring, piste , anything , anywhere . 

OP mike123 03 Apr 2019
In reply to mike123:

fair bit on raise 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/raise_up_dated_pics/

surely .......

kathrync 04 Apr 2019
In reply to mike123:

Was out in the back corries last weekend.  Nevis range had very little open, and the traverse back from the corries was broken, but the corries themselves were excellent one they had softened.  Glencoe has had the runs on the upper tier (main basin, spring run, flypaper) open, but it sounds like the lower stuff is too thin.  There has been a good dump in the last couple of days.  Imagine the back corries are still good, glencoe is probably still hanging in there and I have seen some good reports of people getting out in stob coire nan lochan.  

Post edited at 14:57
 galpinos 04 Apr 2019
In reply to mike123:

I was out in Glenoce on Saturday (not great coverage, walked over the back to Clach Leathad and skied a couple of nice lines but quite a high carrying/skinning to skiing ratio. Snow was nice though.

Sunday, we were in the Nevis Range and on the E to SE facing slope in the back corries (yellowbelly end, not chancers end) and the spring snow was great. the traverse was doable for quite a way on skis with a short (10 min max) walk back. We also did Easy Gully but that was a bit harder snow than I'd have liked, easy cornice though.

I can only imagine the Back Corries at Nevis would be great (avalanche risk not withstanding) and the other areas improved. Cairngorm was reporting 40cms of snow at the base station......

If only I could jump back in the van and head back up this weekend!

galpinos 04 Apr 2019
In reply to kathrync:

Missed your post. The back corries were really good fun weren't they!

kathrync 04 Apr 2019
In reply to galpinos:

Yeah, we had a great day!  We are all fairly new to that kind of skiing so we stuck mostly to the Wingers area as it is not too intimidating.  Lovely friendly day for getting some mileage on the steeper stuff!

galpinos 04 Apr 2019
In reply to kathrync:

You weren't part of a three who toured past us sat at the top of Easy Gully? I think they (you?) went off towards Spikes?

kathrync 04 Apr 2019
In reply to galpinos:

No, that wasn't us...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...