UKC

Sheffield ski village needs your help - please sign.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Loftus 27 Feb 2014
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/snow-sport-for-sheffield/

Snowsport For Sheffield

Snowsport For Sheffield are a working group of professional individuals; with a passion to see the resurgence of Sheffield as the innovating and leading centre for snowsport in the UK.

Our Key Objectives Are:
* Re-establish Sheffield as the Snowsport Centre for the UK.
* Create a platform for the next generation of Olympic hopefuls by encouraging talent and making snowsport accessible to all.
* Establish the UK's first multi-sport freestyle training facility.
* Cement Sheffield's place as the 'City of Sport', by working in partnership with existing facilities to create a Centre of Excellence.
* Provide a sustainable positive effect on the local community and economy.

We believe given our recent success at the Sochi Games, and the legacy the Ski Village has in the creation of many of our top flight athletes that Sheffield deserves a new home for winter sports.

If you would like to see Sheffield re-established as the Snowsport Centre for the UK, providing open access for all, and provide a sustainable positive effect on the local community, then please sign our petition
 deepsoup 27 Feb 2014
In reply to Jack Loftus:

What's the petition for? I mean, who is being petitioned?

"Cement Sheffield's place as the 'City of Sport'"

That would be wonderful, but it's a tad optimistic innit? Given that this is our "Olympic legacy" following Jessica Ennis's stunning success:
http://alexroebuck.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Don-Valley-Stadium-Demolition-2...
OP Jack Loftus 27 Feb 2014
In reply to deepsoup:

To show support for Sheffield ski village.

Yes Don valley, its a shame thats its gone and its possible that the old site for Sheffield ski village may be turned into housing and lost too. Its already curently turning into a wasteland with people fly tipping on it. If it can be seen that people are in support of the project, then it gives strength to the project.
 Edradour 28 Feb 2014
In reply to Jack Loftus:

Apologies if I'm missing the point but who are you petitioning?

Not having ever been to Sheffield Ski Village I just googled it and it seems to be an old fashioned dry ski slope? Sorry, but I don't think this is ever going to be the 'snowsport centre' for the UK. The skeleton bob dry start thing that the last two Olympic champions have trained on is in Bath for example. And surely, people who are hoping to compete in the Olympics will go and train on actual snow somewhere?

That said, good luck with your project.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...