UKC

Should I sell Ski Mountaineering set up ? How much ? Offers ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sarahjk 09 Mar 2013
Lurking in my attic, untouched for over 10 years I have all my ski mountaineering gear. Pretty unlikely to use it ever again and would like to raise some ££/move it on to be used and appreciated....

But I have no idea about value etc and would appreciate suggestions/advice/offers.

It is:

Skis: Kastle Tour Randonnee, not sure of length but I am 5'8 and was told they are a little long for me, but ok. These were given to me, but are in pretty good shape.

Bindings: Silveretta 404 I had these put on so have probably less than 10-20 hours useage.

Boots: Dynafit Tour Lite 3, no size listed, says 282mm, but I am a 6/39.

Also have skins and collapsible ski poles.

Anyone interested ? or got any suggestions ? will sell here or eBay has free listing this weekend.

Thanks

Sarah
OP sarahjk 09 Mar 2013
In reply to sarahkeast:

No comments ? even to tell me it is all old junk ?
 Si 09 Mar 2013
In reply to sarahkeast: Sorry to say but the world has moved on quite alot so I'd be surprised if you get any money for any of it. Having said that someone might take it all off your hands...
 Doug 09 Mar 2013
In reply to Si: Silveretta 404s might be of interest to someone as they are one of the relatively few AT bindings that work reasonably well with climbing boots (I used a pair with Koflach Ultras). Maybe old & a bit heavy but in my experience reliable.
sao 02 Apr 2013
In reply to sarahkeast:
I sold an old pair of silvrettas and Hagan Alpin touring skis on ebay for £40 recently. I had 27 watchers, so there's interest but maybe just from people also wondering how much they would get for a pair of silvrettas.
 isi_o 02 Apr 2013
In reply to sarahkeast:
I am interested in getting some ski touring kit but can't afford it really... Could be interested in this if you are looking to get rid of it at a reasonable price. I don't know much about touring gear, but imagine this would work for me as have same size feet... I am pretty far away from you tho, which could be problematic!
Isi
skarabrae 02 Apr 2013
In reply to sarahkeast: friend of mine recently sold similar set up on fleabay, he got the grand sum of £27 !
good luck
Tim Chappell 02 Apr 2013
In reply to sarahkeast:

I'm interested in the skins and the poles. Also in the skis and bindings. If you want to suggest a price, drop me a message...
 Run_Ross_Run 02 Apr 2013
In reply to skarabrae:
> (In reply to sarahkeast) friend of mine... he got the grand sum of £27 !
> good luck

No need for the Premier Post if the OP decides to sell it on UKC then.

dgp 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Si: Yes ski gear has moved on but it's still a good set of reliable gear (and was amongst the best in it's day) for starters to have a thrash on UK hills - so considering its a complete set someone should pay a fair price for it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...