UKC

Silly Cheap touring skis on eBay ?????

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 16 Jan 2021

Just idly browsing eBay , somebody’s obviously bought up the army’s old skis and is selling them super cheap . ( no connection to me ) . Put in Fisher X treme 165 . I have an old pair of skis for those days where hitting a rock is likely but these would be for “even worse “ days . I have no idea on the quality and can’t vouch for them but if anybody else fancies a pair I’ll order them together , look at the listing , if you buy four pairs they re £20,  yes” twenty “ quid . If anybody want to pool an order You would have to collect from me ( north lakes) when  the current situation allows frivolous travel once again . I would be happy to stick them in the shed until then . Reply to this post and if / when I’ve got 4 definite s  I’ll order .  I d hazard a guess these are drilled for Fritschi bindings but can’t promise that .

edit : so I need three more people to make 4 

Post edited at 19:59
 Dog Dave 16 Jan 2021

I’m in if you can get 2 more, £20 sounds more sensible than trying to work out how to repair my Nordic Tracs that delaminated last time it snowed, sure I will make north lakes at some point this year.

Birks 16 Jan 2021
In reply to mike123:

Very tempted. Been looking for a cheap way to get into touring skiing for ages. 

Any recommendations on if these would be suitable for someone about 5'7"/ 68kg?

I'm Kendal based so north lakes pickup  won't be a problem.

Rob Rocket 16 Jan 2021
In reply to mike123:

Hi Mike 

I’ll take a pair of the 170’s, please. Can you find out what bindings they’re drilled for? 

Live in South Lakes so can collect as soon as Boris says it’s ok. 

PM me and I can arrange cash transfer or whatever suits. 

Cheers

Rob

OP mike123 17 Jan 2021
In reply to mike123:

Thanks all, I'll pm you my Paypal details. Reply to post this when you have them 

Post edited at 10:59
 alexm198 17 Jan 2021
In reply to mike123:

Do you reckon you could get a Silvretta 404 on these? I have no idea what they've been drilled for in the past. I'm half tempted to try for £20.

Rob Rocket 17 Jan 2021
In reply to mike123:

Cash fired over, Mike 

OP mike123 17 Jan 2021
In reply to mike123:

Got three lots of twenty into PayPal ( thanks Dave and Rob )  , any takers for  forth pair ? 

a crap climber 17 Jan 2021
In reply to mike123:

I'd be up for a set of the 170s. Let me know payment details and I'll send it over.

Cheers 

Neil 

OP mike123 18 Jan 2021
In reply to a crap climber: details sent  

Dark-Cloud 18 Jan 2021
In reply to alexm198:

They look like the are drilled for Fritschi Eagle or similar model (i think)

OP mike123 18 Jan 2021
In reply to a crap climber:

got it. thanks neil

thats it . trying to sort the order now .

mike

Frank R. 18 Jan 2021
In reply to mike123:

Great. Just great. Couldn't you have posted that a few weeks before the Brexit? I guess it's pretty much passé right now, adding the shipping and taxes to EU. I'd take have probably taken two pairs otherwise... 

But do enjoy it, seems like a nice opportunity to try touring! Hope all works out for your guys and gals.

OP mike123 19 Jan 2021
In reply to Frank R.:

I reckon by the time you took into account flights , hire car , on costs ( couple of coffees , f and c or similar ) to get to and from north lakes to collect them you’d would still be better off buying  yourself a couple of new pairs of black crows from telemark Pyrenees’s .

these look nice 

https://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/ski/black-crows-anima-ski-2021

Post edited at 07:50
 yorkshireman 19 Jan 2021
In reply to Frank R.:

> Great. Just great. Couldn't you have posted that a few weeks before the Brexit? I guess it's pretty much passé right now, adding the shipping and taxes to EU. I'd take have probably taken two pairs otherwise... 

Yeah comes in at 67,45€ for a pair to France. Still seems kind of worth it but then there's always the danger of additional custom charges being whacked on to the receiver while everything is a bit of mess.

For the record, here in the Alps (Isère at least) we've had amazing conditions lately with consistently low temperatures since before Xmas and lots of snow. It's getting warmer over the next few days but with the ski lifts closed getting hold of ski touring gear is pretty tough. I managed to rent some for tomorrow morning though.

OP mike123 19 Jan 2021
In reply to yorkshireman: 
and add on , let’s say £50 per pair to be kind ,  for me to deal  with courier , paper work, packing etc . I’m ordering a few extra pairs to give me and three  other people some cheap skis ( charity shop money )  . They going to come to my house , have a brew if they have time , collect skis , go hone . That’s it . It’s not hard . 

Edit : this post might read as me being arsey , it was nt  meant to be .  Nowt to stop you two organising something with the seller ? 

Post edited at 08:29
 yorkshireman 19 Jan 2021
In reply to mike123:

> and add on , let’s say £50 per pair to be kind ,  for me to deal  with courier , paper work, packing etc . I’m ordering a few extra pairs to give me and three  other people some cheap skis ( charity shop money )  . They going to come to my house , have a brew if they have time , collect skis , go hone . That’s it . It’s not hard . 

> Edit : this post might read as me being arsey , it was nt  meant to be .  Nowt to stop you two organising something with the seller ? 

It never crossed my mind to go through you - the cost I flagged was to order direct - £36 for the skis so still peanuts. The seller does apparently ship to Europe for £24 on top - but again - still quite cheap but getting into the 'is it worth the hassle' territory.

OP mike123 19 Jan 2021
In reply to yorkshireman: apologies for the misunderstanding . There used to be a seller on eBay who listed lots of ex hire ski  kit posted from Europe might be worth having a look . 

yorkshireman 21 Jan 2021
In reply to mike123:

I went to buy a pair on eBay since there's nothing remotely that cheap out there - and got a message saying "Some sellers cannot currently accept payment". 

Anyone else had that?

OP mike123 02 Feb 2021
In reply to yorkshireman: he’s sorted it now . I ve just received ours . Obviously used but loads of life in them  . Somebody Sheffield based should do as I have , 4 pairs for just shy of £80. Keswick oxfam  sells sh11ty old school skis for more than that . Also , Yorkshireman , if  you want to have them sent to me I’ll sort getting them to you if it’s at all possible or stick them in the shed until you can collect  if Declan can’t ship them direct . 

greg_may_ 02 Feb 2021
In reply to mike123:

Being in Yorkshire and with the dump of snow we have - I'm interested! 

OP mike123 09 Feb 2021
In reply to :neil , Dave and rob 

ive emailed you all this morning . If you haven’t received it could you reply to this thread pls

to anybody else  reading this , if you can get together with 3 other people and organise it  , these skis are £20 . I did this via UKC and the skis are sitting in my shed .    

Post edited at 08:34
 Jp 09 Feb 2021
In reply to mike123:

I fear I'm too late, as it looks like the ebay listing has ended. Does anyone know if the seller has more in stock? I'm looking for one pair of 165s and another pair of c.155s

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...