UKC

Ski boot warmers?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Slarti B 13 Dec 2016

My wife suffers from cold feet when skiing. Can anyone recommend some good quality ski-boot warmers?

I was on a course earlier this year with a guy who had some nice electric ones which he said were superb but foolishly didn't ask him for details.
Post edited at 17:08
 ams558 13 Dec 2016
In reply to Slarti B:

Happy hot feet remote controlled boot warmers are on sale on Sportpursuit.com at the moment. I think you need to sign up to get access to their site, but it's free.

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/407786
 Dark-Cloud 13 Dec 2016
In reply to Slarti B:

Anything from Therm-IC they have their stuff sorted, I use their dryers a friend uses their warmers, no issues.
OP Slarti B 14 Dec 2016
In reply to Slarti B:

ams558 and richlan
Thanks for suggestions, I will check them out.

Anyone else suggest other brands to compare?
 Stairclimber 15 Dec 2016
In reply to Slarti B:

Have you tried using silica drying 'socks' ? They are sock shaped containing silica which absorbs moisture like those try sachets that often are found in the box when you buy training shoes. Put them in your boots each evening after skiing to completly dry the boots. Dry feet are warm feet. Much cheaper alternative .
 summo 15 Dec 2016
In reply to Slarti B:

Different tangent, have your considered the fit of the boots? Boots that have to be over tightened to ski in, or pinch in key places can restrict blood flow.
 blurty 15 Dec 2016
In reply to Slarti B:

Are the boots warm when she puts them on?

I always take the boots apart to get the inners thoroughly dry, then make sure inners and shells are warm in the morning.
Removed User 16 Dec 2016
In reply to Slarti B:

I'm sure all those suggestions are fantastic but I've always baulked at the cost of them plus more faff with batteries etc. I discovered that the stick on 'Little Hotties Adhesive Toe Warmers' would stick on my socks on the top of my toes and keep feet toasty for hours.
OP Slarti B 17 Dec 2016
In reply to Slarti B:

Thanks to all for suggestions. She starts off with warmdry boots that fit her well so that is not the issue. I realise the electric stuff is faff but if it helps her have a full day in comfort may be worth it.
 Duncan Bourne 17 Dec 2016
In reply to Slarti B:

Interesting. Is it just cold feet she gets or do her hands get cold too? Maybe a touch of Raynaud's
https://www.sruk.co.uk/raynauds/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...