UKC

Snow!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wildebeeste 05 Sep 2018

This morning I woke to the first snow on the tops and a crisp bluebird sky.</p>

Alas, it was all a dream. But the midday heat is waning and the nights are decidedly cool now, and Autumn is just around the corner here in the Southern Rockies. Quiet moments at work are filled with daydreams of the season to come. Hopefully it will be better than last, although honestly it couldn't be much worse. So come on somebody, feed my psyche with your plans and aspirations for Winter 18/19...

Myself, season pass for Taos. A few opportunistic midweek hits at Santa Fe. And at least one trip to Colorado - probably Telluride and Aspen. If I get really lukcy, Snowbird. Consolidate and develop my double black skiing and take some steps into backountry.

Harry Cook 05 Sep 2018
In reply to wildebeeste:

Full season in BC for me so my psyche levels are pretty high. Sun Peaks to be precise, obviously hoping for the good snow conditions the rockies seem to have had the last couple of seasons. Hopefully get me instructor quals down on ski on board so going to be an adventure filled season. 

Post edited at 20:21
OP wildebeeste 05 Sep 2018
In reply to Harry Cook:

Nice! Little bit jealous snow here was the worst for like 10 years. Between that and a new job I only got out for 6 days. Two seasons previous were pretty good though. I'm on a 2 days on 4 days off schedule now, so fingers crossed...

girlymonkey 05 Sep 2018
In reply to wildebeeste:

I injured my adducter muscle on Dec 19th last year, and didn't manage a hill again until May. So I missed all of last winter

My only aspiration is to remain injury free and get out on some snow. I don't care what or where!

Harry Cook 06 Sep 2018
In reply to wildebeeste:

Haha im buzzing, just hoping the body holds up! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...