Loading Notifications...

Touring on a bridleway

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 tomsan91 10 Jan 2021

On a short trip out to skin around the plateau on black hill I was accosted by a not so polite bloke who insisted on knowing why I had my touring skis with me and where I was going. Obviously this route is part of the pennine way so I presume there are no access issues? Quite confused as to why he was so narked about me being there 

In reply to tomsan91:

If it was a bridleway you've got every right to be there. I would have given him a quizzical smile, and got on with it.

In reply to tomsan91:

Nowt queer as folk.

tomsan91 10 Jan 2021
In reply to TobyA:

To be honest I was a little taken aback as I was expecting some typical hill small talk rather than a dressing down 

In reply to tomsan91:

Did he utter the words "Are you local?"

mysterion 10 Jan 2021
In reply to tomsan91:

He insisted did he, now that would have been funny

Chris Reid 11 Jan 2021
In reply to tomsan91:

Surely, there cannot be any issue if it's access land and a public right of way?

In a similar vein.....

A friend and I were out for an evening tour last week and we were walking along the road with skis on our backs. (< half a mile from home before anyone starts!) and we bumped into a police 4WD. "Going skiing" was their greeting and only question. I did think about suggesting that they should be in CID with skills like that! They'd been out looking for poachers.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.