UKC

Beginner's climbing course in SW England ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Nedediah 31 Jan 2018

Hi. I'm looking to book a 1 or 2 day introductory outdoor climbing course in the South West of England (preferably Somerset or Devon) this coming Spring. I have very little experience: I used to use a climbing wall about 20 years ago (top roping) and have done a little scrambling over the years, but never really had the time or opportunity to take it any further until now. I am reasonably fit for my age: not overweight, and I cycle, walk, surf and swim regularly. The down side is that I am 65 years old ( ! ) so not as bendy or energetic as I used to be- but not ready to give up scaring myself yet! Any recommendations for a course provider? Ideally, I would like to join a small group of fellow beginners.  Thanks.

El Swiftos! 31 Jan 2018
In reply to Nedediah: hi I am run intro climbing courses, please contact me on- 

swiftextreme@hotmail.com 

@swiftextreme

Post edited at 22:39
 jayjackson 31 Jan 2018
In reply to Nedediah:

We run a lot of bespoke instructional courses all over the South West, plenty to be going at without it being too scary or require any gymnastics!

Feel free to have a look at our courses here...

https://www.climbcornwall.com/instruction-outdoor-climbing

We don’t tend to have many open courses where several clients who don’t know each other all come together, generally because the dates and learning goals don’t match up, although if you find some others to join you then we can of course accommodate this.

There are a few of us around the County (including ElSwiftos who has already replied). Whoever you choose, look for an AMI (Association of Mountaineering Instructors) logo. 

Have a look as well at the BMC Ready to Rock Courses - these run all around the country and are designed to get indoor climbers outside - maybe not quite your situation, but you may find them a good place to meet other people who may be interested in then bookin further instruction. 

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/ready-to-rock-outdoor-days-2018

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...