UKC

bolted climbing walls in cornwall?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Finlay.george 25 Apr 2013
Im 14 i have just passed my level 4 on nicas at my local climbing gym/wall me and my brother want to start sport climbing as buying gear cost alot so i was looking around but cant find any bolted outdoor walls in Cornwall or with in 50 miles of Truro so was just wondering if anyone knew of any sport walls in Cornwall.
 Cheese Monkey 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Finlay.george: Cheesewring Quarry
Finlay.george 25 Apr 2013
In reply to Cheese Monkey: cheers
In reply to Finlay.george:

Where did you do your nicas? Surely someone who did that with you would know where to point you too.

Good to hear you're wanting to get out though, there are a few other places which have bolts in too. Get the cheesewring and southeast cornwall guide. Cheesewring is no longer the only place with bolts this side of the border!

Finlay.george 26 Apr 2013
In reply to The Green Giant: i did my nicas with Tony window down at granite planet, i go there with my school Glynn house on a Monday afternoon every week and at the weekends with older brothers if im lucky haha.
 Ramblin dave 26 Apr 2013
In reply to Finlay.george:
I know it's not what you're asking for, but do try to get on trad if / when you can: the trad climbing around the Cornish coast is good enough that people will drive 700+ mile round trips to climb there, and once you've got all the gear you need for sport (rope, harness, shoes, quickdraws, helmet etc), the amount of extra stuff you need for easy trad (basically a set of nuts and maybe a couple of cams) isn't actually that much extra investment...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...