UKC

Bouldering Event for Specators

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LEC 10 Dec 2021

Hi, 

Friend and I recently started getting into bouldering and was wondering if anyone can recommend some events worth going to see live? 

Thanks in advance

Run_Ross_Run 11 Dec 2021
In reply to LEC:

Misread the title and thought it was some sort of bouldering/gardening combo.

Bypass or Anvil? 

Lankyman 11 Dec 2021
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

> Misread the title

I did too. Thought it said 'bouldering for Specsavers' at first. Need to get back to Specsavers ...

The Fox 11 Dec 2021
In reply to LEC:

Don’t know where you’re based, but Plywood Masters at Boulder UK?

OP LEC 11 Dec 2021
In reply to The Fox:

im based in south west but dont mind doing some travelling  

spenser 12 Dec 2021
In reply to LEC:

The British Bouldering Championships in Sheffield are pretty good to watch.

The BMC also do the Youth Climbing Series, if you've got kids who climb you could possibly look at them entering that, some of the strong climbers in the adult comps spent quite a lot of time competing at events like these.

Sherlock 06 Jan 2022
In reply to LEC:

Not live but loads of stuff on YouTube.Look for IFSC Bouldering events.

In 2018 we went to see the World Championships in Innsbruck, tremendous entertainment and remarkably cheap compared to most world championship events in other sports.

In reply to LEC:

IFSC boulder world cup especially when they hold it in the Olympic Stadium in Munich.

In reply to LEC:

La Sportiva Legends Only is a comp worth watching. Look it up on YouTube. 

2014 was one of the best years, amazing line up!

Andy Gamisou 07 Jan 2022
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

> La Sportiva Legends Only is a comp worth watching. Look it up on YouTube. 

> 2014 was one of the best years, amazing line up!

Used your recommendation to try and use it as ironing fodder as I tried to iron my wife's uniforms.  Unfortunately the commentary is provided from "shouty man" from the Olympics.  Shame.

Post edited at 13:01
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

Ah yes, sorry forgot about him. if you can get through that it is really good!!

Andy Gamisou 07 Jan 2022
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

> Ah yes, sorry forgot about him. if you can get through that it is really good!!

I'll try and persevere next time I've got the iron out.  Worried I might end up throwing iron at the screen.

In reply to Andy Gamisou:

You might be confusing Liam Lonsdale (very shouty, very Lancastrian) who used to do Sportiva Legends, with Johnny Bryan (shouty, Welsh) who did the Olympics and used to do IFSC webcasting.

Andy Gamisou 07 Jan 2022
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

> You might be confusing Liam Lonsdale (very shouty, very Lancastrian) who used to do Sportiva Legends, with Johnny Bryan (shouty, Welsh) who did the Olympics and used to do IFSC webcasting.

I'm sure you're right.  Still annoying (to me) whoever they are.

Thomasstewart 07 Jan 2022
In reply to LEC:

The GB Titans it take two at Rock Over Climbing is manchester is an amazing event. Purely put on for the spectator. All info and films of previous comp in link. https://www.rockoverclimbing.com/gb-titans

In reply to LEC:

+1 for the Boulder World Cup in Munich if it’s a live comp you’re after

Atmosphere wise, there’s nothing like it. 

Those Germans know how to party  

In reply to Justsomeclimber:

The venue for Munich is changing, it will still be in the Olympic park but will be indoors.

AlanLittle 09 Jan 2022
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Do you have any more details? The website for the 2022 European Championship gives Königsplatz as the venue, which isn't in the Olympic Park. But otoh I can't off the top of my head think of any suitable indoor venues near there. If it really is Königsplatz I assume they'll be building a big temporary outdoor lead wall, which should be cool.

The old Olympic Stadium bouldering venue had a great atmsophere, but could get intolerably hot under the perspex roof on sunny afternoons.

In reply to AlanLittle:

Ah yes, I am thinking back to the cancelled 2020 BWC which was moving to an indoor venue within the Olympic Park. 2022 is L+B+S so yes I guess that they will be building a temporary wall.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...