UKC

Crag suggestions for northumberland - tomorrow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Timbob_jones 24 Mar 2012
Hi All,

Me and a mate have recently started climbing trad outdoors and are looking for suggestions of crags in northumberland with lots of well protected diffs and v-diffs that would be good to climb at this time of year given the lack of traffic.

We have the northumberland climbing guide so can cross-reference any crag / route suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions / advice

Cheers

Tim
 martinph78 24 Mar 2012
In reply to Timbob_jones: I found "Castle Crack" at Bowden Doors a good lead climb, really enjoyed it actually. It will be busy tomorrow though so I recommend getting tehre as early as you can. It got packed in the afternoon a few weekends ago. It will be really nice there tomorrow as teh weather should be great and it faces south

Some of the "easier" climbs I found very frustrating as the rock is very polished at teh start of many, I guess from so much use. As such I'd say some of the grading is lower than it actually is.
 Tom Hill 24 Mar 2012
In reply to Timbob_jones: Crag Lough and Peel crag have plenty of easy routes and plenty of superb gear. However, don't climb here if the rock is at all wet.

Have fun!
skarabrae 24 Mar 2012
In reply to Tom Hill: i`ll second that, peel & crag lough are excellent choices, you can really "stitch" em up with gear.
a tad slippy in the wet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...