UKC

Devon Based MIA Trainee looking for practice clients

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
RB Climbing 08 Apr 2012
There seem to be quite a few of these already on here, so sorry for adding another.

I am currently working towards my MIA assessment (I have already completed the training course) as part of my consolidation and preparation for assessment I need to take people out climbing and scrambling.

So what am i offering:
A free day out of quality instruction, which can be looking at basic single pitch climbing, learning to lead, Intro to multi pitch, Sea cliff climbing, Self rescues skills, guided routes, Even Hill walking and navigation skills if you feel that would of use to you. Depending on where you are I might be able to help with transport to venues. I will also be looking to get up to North Wales a fair bit, so there is possibility of arranging a trip up there with some free instruction.

The IMPORTANT Bits:
As an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountain Instructor Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification. The term aspirant should not be used as a level of competency for multi-pitch climbing has not been assessed.
am confident I can offer a high level of development and tuition as I have worked in the mountain environment for a number of years but the high quality of an MIA that already holds the award should be considered when replying as this will very much be a learning experience for myself too

So if you have made it through reading all that and are interested in some free tuition or have any questions please either reply to me here by pm or email direct on RBClimbing@gmail.com

Thanks

Rhys
stuartbell 11 Apr 2012
In reply to RB Climbing: yhm
 Richy boy 11 Apr 2012
In reply to RB Climbing: Anywhere near Torbay? If so i'm keen. Already hold the SPA and would like to also work towards gaining the needed multi pitch climbs for a potential MIA training in the future.

Richy
 alastairbegley 11 Apr 2012
In reply to RB Climbing:
Yhm
RB Climbing 26 Apr 2012
In reply to RB Climbing:

Thank you to those that have emailed me, and sorry for my delay in replying, had a busy few weeks. Should of hopefully replyed in some form to everyone now.

Also a little bumb if anyone else is interested

Thanks
 Paul Bishopp 28 Apr 2012
In reply to RB Climbing: Hi Rhys - I am just trying to get back into climbing after a break of 8 yrs.Would love to be a "guinea pig" as I
am I suppose a bit rusty.Located near South Molton.Paul
 Skip 09 May 2012
In reply to RB Climbing:

i am interested,i live in South Cornwall but could travel to North Cornwall or North Devon
coxy devon 09 May 2012
In reply to RB Climbing: Sent you a email
rosieecole 15 May 2012
In reply to RB Climbing: Hey I would be interested too if you still need people, based in Torbay but have transport. Esp interested in self rescue stuff, trying to get back into easy trad leads after a year off so would be good to do some of that too!
 atrendall 22 May 2012
In reply to RB Climbing: Hi Rhys, would appreciate a response.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...